Why does my ceiling structure disappear?

wkshank

I am just baffled -- never had this happen before.  I am modeling an existing house, to prepare a remodel plan.  I have my floor defaults set where I measured them to be, and the roof approximately where I believe it sits.  I cannot get the 1st floor ceiling to show in 3-D or section: it just shows the space as if there is no floor for the 2nd floor.

attaching plan and throwing myself on someone's mercy after 2 hours of experimenting with defaults, roof heights, everything.  HELPPPP!!

(x7, and know that the stairs are only graphic -- figured mathematically before I build them.)

Bogar stair challenge change bedroom.plan

You know, I just deleted all my roofs and started over with roof-build, and that worked.  Why this happened will keep me up tonight, but unless you're curious to solve a mystery, ne'ermind...  I recovered but still no answers as to why.  Just like life.

Thanks Stephen -- I had thought of trying a build framing route, but as I've never had to do that before to get a normal floor to show, I didn't pursue (thinking I could find a box checked or unchecked that should fix the whole thing).  Just weird.