mddesign

General Questions

Some general questions from a newbie (22 years using AutoCAD):

1. How do I control the font size on my lot plan?  I brought in a lot drawing from AutoCAD and then cut it out of the Floor 1 and put it into my Lot Plan (CAD Detail) .  I have it dimensioned with Quadrant Bearing, but in my drawing the font is very small.  When I click on the outside lot, it says it is on Object Layer:Lot (which I created).
  2. I do not fully understand the plotting to pdf.  It has taken me quite a bit to get the pdf file to plot properly.  At the start, I had the dimensions and any text coming through quite dark but the lines to the house are way too faint, you can barely make them out when the file is sent to a plotter.  In my main Plan file, I have the Drawing sheet setup to use 1 for all line weights and then in the layout I have it set to A line weight of 1 = 1/500.  I dont completely understand what the settings are doing.  I have read the help file but it is very complicated (or I am way too simple).  Can anyone fill me in?
  3. Where can one go to learn more or take courses in Canada, preferably in British Columbia?

Chief has online classes and there are a lot of people here that does training

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By CARMELHILL
      I've come across, but rarely, a CAD drawing in pdf format that has the ability to turn of individual layers. Does anyone know if Chief can do this? Or is it a specific PDF print driver? 

I tried it a few times with an ADOBE printer driver but no go.

I thought it might be useful in the field on a 2 in 1 folding Chromebook. My Samsung Chromebook Plus is a life saver and I find new uses for it all the time.
    • By lgarter
      We primarily produce drawings that scale 100% on 11x17 sheets. Occasionally we'll check plot at 200% to a 22x34 sheet (because one of our partners have bad eyes). Well, we I happen to run a check plot at 200% on a 30x42 sheet (because it was already loaded in the plotter) and the bounding box of the paper space showed up on the sheet.

How do I get rid of the box that represents where the edge of the paper would have been?

On the images below, the first shows the 100% preview and there is no "box." The second image shows the 200% plot on the big sheet and there is that ugly "box."

How do I get rid of it?

• By TexasMProsPlus
      If you are capable of drafting from only photo references, let's make a deal!