Looking for a draft-personal to use chief architect to lay out a 6 lot 13 acre Ranch subdivision with roads, Paddocks, Barn, outbuildings, solar farm, greenhouses and 4 SFR lots using Chief Architect for basic design of Plot plan and Elevations

I think this would be a job for a civil engineer.  You would have to start with a topo.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hacarly
    Newest Member
    hacarly

• By mtldesigns
      I am working on a pocket neighborhood, 12 small houses on a lot with a shared parking.  Cool idea actually.  I created each house as a symbol, after I "saved-as" when the plans were completed, cleaned/purged each to get the file sizes of each to about 50 kb. I am not done with this site plan file, as I need to add some more lighting, signs and landscaping.  Broker wants these rendered banners and vids ready for a Home Builders Parade in September.  My issue is so far my total file size of the site is 1,210,000 kb (what you see in the attachment and after a purge).  My system is bogging down.  Even though all my models are on D drive and have plenty of space, my C drive (has only 31 GB left, and that gets eaten up running a camera.. ram I am assuming). 

The question is, will creating two or three plans and combine into one even work in Chief?  For instance, have a file that is just with the landscaping (trees, small plants, & mulch), another of the parking, walks, lighting...) Insert them all into one "site" model with a common insertion point.  When editing any of the attached files, it updates, like a xref would.  I am thinking CA does not have this capabilities. Example, if I have a landscape model xref'd into the site model, and update that landscape model, will it update?   I know its to late in the game for this project, but this broker is planning similar hoods in other locations, and I'd like to be a little smarter when I set these up.        

I use a AutoDesk Plant 3D all day, and xrefs are only way to go to keep parent file size down.  I am hoping CA is the same way.

Any other advice on getting this file size down? I have purge material and blocks.. and that helps a little.        

• By CJSpud
      I have a plan in which I have used a couple of barn doors from the Chief library.  These report to the Fixture Schedule and are shown as "slabs".  I would like to have them on the Doors layer and have them report to the Doors Schedule.  Is there anyway to do this with the Chief barn door symbols? 

I changed the label manually to "barn door" and the layer to Doors but nothing happened.  They still report to the Fixture Schedule and are still shown as Slab(s) in that schedule.

Thanks.
    • By Kansaschief
      Hello!
      I'm seeking a designer to complete my new construction house design.  I rented Chief software over the winter so I could help my wife visualize the house we are budgeting for.  I am very happy with my results, but Spring is here and I'm too busy to finish.  I'd like a professional to complete the problematic areas and maybe add some curb-appeal. Aside from making myself comfortable with the design of the house, my end-goal would be to develop a plan from which I can perform some take-offs and render a framing plan to take to a truss company and a local framer.  I am very reasonable to work with. I need a verbal quote on the to-do list.  Wish-list will depend on remaining budget. 

To-do!
      -Add high 14' ceiling in the living area. The roof raises when I add ceiling.
      -Add high windows in living areas.  Clean up all windows (size, height).  I'm pretty window-design stupid. 
      -Clean-up wall heights, floor thicknesses. 
      -Add columns at porches.
      -Add veneer to front of house and columns.
      -Exterior design- dormers, siding, roof options or maybe some craftsman-style details. Maybe an accent wall section on the outside of the pantry area.

Wish-List!
      -Provide some design options for cabinets.
      -Hydronic floor heat in an elevated concrete main floor. If anybody has experience with designing these systems that would be a bonus.  (this has it's own design budget)
      -Add split-level sunroom on south end. 
      -Value-added design ideas are very welcome. 
      -Basement bedroom egress design.
      -Maybe add underslab plumbing, maybe electrical.

Thanks for reading.  Le me know if you are interested or if you have questions.  I might want to follow up with a phone call. 

Home_Design_20180312.plan

• By Lee2m4
      My name is Lee and I am new to this program. I am trying to recreate my house to show my wife the upgrades we can do. My house is a ranch style house with a garage sunken below the house. If you come up the steps from the garage you open the door and there is a landing, turn left and your on the main floor, or go up 4 more steps your in the master bed room above the garage. I can't seem to find any videos on how to create this. I have the rest of the house finished I'm just stuck on this part. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you