The weirdest thing just happened. I lost the ability to show shadows in X9, completely. It still works fine on the same computer file on another workstation in my office. I've checked all the defaults related to cameras and shadows. No change. They still work on X8 (just wanted to make sure it wasn't my video card).

So I am backing up all my User Library stuff and going to try reinstalling Chief.

I did. It's not that. Exported the file to another computer and it works fine. Tried a reboot. Tried with a new floor plan, nothing.

I just did a reset of my Preferences and that did it. I'm going to review the settings and see where it all fell off the rails.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DrewHudd
    Newest Member
    DrewHudd

• By woodcraftdesign
      using live camera views in layout, how do I change the size of these in the layout sheet.  I would like my renderings to measure 12" wide but I cannot change the size. Probly just an oversight on my part.  
    • By chiefjdennis
      Hello,
      Does anyone know if there's a way to control camera orbiting while in perspective full overview? 

I'm not sure if this is a feature or anomaly but if while in perspective full overview you hold down the left mouse button and drag it off screen and release....your model will spin indefinitely.   The speed with which you drag and release controls the spin rate.  This gives the effect of a drone taking an aerial shot of your model while flying around it. 

You cant always get it to spin so I'm not quite sure how to control the spin rate more precisely.. any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Jeff
    • By mrarchitecture
      hi please help me
      in chief architect x11 when i delete everything,all cameras will close and ask me to save plan and quit...what should i do????
    • By IvanCyr
      Showcasing a space can sometimes best be accomplished by showcasing the entire area within an integrated 360 Tour.  Video is great for clips, generating interest, investment, and capital campaigns but it drives a user on a set path on a set time frame.  Try a 360 Tour!  Your users can take all the time they need and really get a feel of a space.  Please see one posted at the link below:

360 Tour

Tours can be generated easily and quickly.  All we need from you is the 2D or 3D floor plan(s) you wish to use, and the spherical images you wish to upload.  A company logo, text, and even video can be set into the tour as well.  Tours run off our own server and will be active for 18 months upon payment.  Very competitive pricing and updates are fast and easy providing the images are resent using the same file names.

For more information email ivancyr@inteck3d.com.

Ivan Cyr
    • By EmmaCox
      For the past week the shadows button hasn't been working for me (I'm using X9).
      I usually just click the "toggle shadows" and it turns on, but nothing is happening on or off.

Any ideas of how to fix this?