Designer100

Chimney issue at elevation

Newell,

I usually use a polyline solid for the chimney, then I use a chimney cap out of  the library to top it off.

• Upvote 1

I believe this has been answered for you the other three times you asked how to do it.

1 hour ago, R_Seales said:

Newell,

I usually use a polyline solid for the chimney, then I use a chimney cap out of  the library to top it off.

I also use polyline solids for my chimneys. Scott Hall has several videos about chimneys. https://www.youtube.com/user/dshall44/search?query=chimney Follow his youtube channel and if you have an issue with something, he most likely covered it. Great guy. 

Dutch Colonial 5.jpg

Thanks guys for the help. I resolved it. The chimney cap does not show up on elevations though. It shows up in 3D. Is there some way to line the stud brick wall up with the 

new stud wall! I cannot seem to get it to line up exactly going by fireplace brick etc.

"The chimney cap does not show up on elevations though." Make sure that layer is turned "on" in your elevation view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dan_heidel
    Newest Member
    dan_heidel

• By divreig
      I think I am missing something. I want the "Text Below Line" on my Elevation Camera Labels/callouts to show the sheet number. And make this the default. Does any one know how? 
    • By mprovost129
      Hi all. I'm fairly new to the software and have only been using it since October. I have a client who wants a wood framed chimney extruding from the middle of the roof up from the gas fireplace. I've tried a bunch of different options to make this work but can't figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to draw walls on top of the roof?

Thank you!

• By AndrewCass88
      Hello I'm having an issue w/ my elevation. How do you get it to update automatically what layout page it is on?

• By Aamir77
      Good day, all of you.
      Need your kind attention to finalize a front elevation of a house. The plan is attached Aamir77_gutted_MHD_Rev1.zip to the post. Please confer me a little segment of your precious time. I have been up to 3 types of front elevation which are also attached herewith as pictures. Thanks in advance.

• By expodesigngroup
      Anybody know why these random horizontal lines suddenly appeared in my elevations?
      Not sure what I did, but just appeared.  I've tried selecting the lines, and locating in different parts of the elevations and plan to figure out what it is and how to remove.  It's totally inaccessible.