Sign in to follow this  
GerryT

Listing Object Accessories in X9

here's a method to add/changes listing of accessories for objects in X9. Like cabinets, Doors, etc.

object accessory Listing

If you use the demo files- remember to add them in your script directory and set the path in preferences - Ruby. Also change the Ruby safe level to 1

Object Accessories.zip

• Upvote 1

Nice Gerry, I can see adapting this withing the system I've been using with the OIP.

I'm guessing that the macro names can be changed to something easier to remember with a little work.

Also will give me something really useful to chew on while learning Ruby. Will put in the suggestion for arguments:) 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By ccarpenter18
      In X12 I've noticed that when using Structural Member Reporting in a material list, the price column in the list does not appear to be sensitive to whether a "per unit" or "per length" calculation is being performed by the material list.  In both cases, the material list appears to use the same Price variable in the Component Panel of each object.  Does anyone know of some Ruby scripting that could be used to correct this?  Off hand, I'm thinking of a macro inserted into the Price variable on the Component Panel of each structural member that would use the Material List row context to report a price that depends on how the row wants to use the Price.
    • By community
      Hello,
      Just throwing the question out here: Is it possible to write a custom script for X10 to make the program export a custom materials list with some calculated fields and some custom formatting, like a header with our logo?
      If so, would anyone have an idea where I could turn to have this done for me?

Kind regards
    • By BrownTiger
      The Andersen 100 Series windows [Fiberex] are always popular with a builders. Primarily, they offer different interior and exterior colors, not as ugly as some other Vinyl... Sometimes designer want to know if he is using standard vs custom sizes [adds +$$].

So here is a validator macro, that can be assigned as a label or just executed in the tmm

Free Macro, enjoy
      Code demonstrate use of Ruby arrays, and "any?" method.

BT
      I also have A200,400, and pella.. But this will get you started if you are not 100% familiar with Ruby.
      Andersen100Units.json
    • By Doug_N
      In doing some ruby stuff to automate information required by building department code examiners, so I wrote a bit of simple code

to get this. 

But I need that in an elevation, not in a plan view.  No joy it seems.  

Anyone know why this is?

• By tdroes82
      Simple question I think. I just cant seem to figure this out.
      How do I create a Text box with my plan areas?
      - When I use  %room.name%: %room.area.standard%, this gives me what I need. But I can not move the text out of the room.
      - when I have 2 porches, can I add the two areas together on another "total porch" sq.ft text line?
      - Do I use Standard Area Polyline? If so, what is the correct macro to read it, such as living area, garage, porches, etc.

I can use stand area polyline, and then add correct macros to the label of each. Then move the label to the side in a list. But is there a way to accomplish this in 1 text box, reading each area respectively. What about adding 2 porches into 1 total porch area?

Here is what in 1 text box:
      total Heated Living:   sq.ft.
      total Garage:    sq.ft
      total porches: sq.ft.
      etc.

Then I can send this text to layout where I need it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Thomas