natevermod

Pier foundation

I am trying to create a house that has 1/2 of the foundation as a crawl space and the other half on piers. I can get either one or the other. How do I get both?

put a wall between the area's you want to separate then you will be able to adjust each section individually 

Use an invisible wall to create two separate rooms if you will, select the room to have the pier foundation open DBX and change it to the pier foundation. I think.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HarmonCA
    Newest Member
    HarmonCA

• By since1937
      How can I drop the foundation slab in my attached garage by 6" from the main house? All of the walls are already up in the plans....
    • By JasonMWebb
      Is there a way to generate the vertical cell reinforcement objects in a CMU foundation plan? I am looking for something along the lines of what is in this diagram (from another system). It is a common requirement for foundations. Please refer to the small squares grouped at the corners of the foundation drawing attached. Note that I am using Chief Architect Premier X12 (latest build).

The detail drawing for this object would look similar to this:

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am wondering why is the garage foundation wall does not show/appear in the basement (level 0) floor where there is a door above on the first floor? (Plan attached). More over the location I have clouded shows the wall clearly, why it is not displaying at the other locations?
      delete-garage wall.plan
    • By Designer100
      Is there a way to add pre Mfg. brick to outside of the foundation above grade that does not affect the porches etc or parts you do not want it?

Newell Cheatheam
      www.newellsdesigns.com
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      x11 
    • By MarckusW
      Has anyone successfully created a sloped grade beam with piers foundation?

This is a somewhat common construction technique on hills in Silicon Valley.

Yes, it can be hand drawn. I am looking for a simple way to make Chief see the slope and slope the grade beam.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank You