Importing Survey Data In Pnezd (Comma Delimited) Format

palommy

I have data from a property survey that is in PNEZD (comma delimited) format in a text file.  I am having difficulty importing it into my project.  Do I need to somehow convert the file to another format?

Hi:

check Chief's MENU - FILE - IMPORT for available formats

I don't think PNEZD is available as a choice

but I do think there is a CSV choice

maybe change the extension to the CSV format Chief can recognize (do this to a copy of the file)

or try to find a conversion utility to change the PNEZD to one Chief can use

or try "save as" from the software that created the PNEZD file as a format Chief can use

Lew

In Chief, PNEZD is the #,Y,X,Z,D Format or CSV where Y is the Northing and X is the Easting - Z is the Elevation & D is Description. As long as your PNEZD file does not contain extra letters or text lines it will import under import Terrain Data.

When I attempt to import using the #,Y,X,Z,D format, I get the following error message: C:\p4sync\dev\Releases\16.3\chief\source\importterrainwizard.cpp(379): Warning #272032042

"An error was found on line 445 while parsing the file."

6/13/2014 10:22:01 AM

Build: 16.3.0.59x64

Line 445 or point # 915 has no comment. Fix that and data imports OK. The First number in a line is a point number not a line number.

Your data has a lot of zero elev points--- you may want to look at it again. Also some points are spread way out beyond a typical lot. Grouping is very bad.

Line 445 or point # 915 has no comment

Gerry:

you beat me to it :(

Your data has a lot of zero elev points--- you may want to look at it again. Also some points are spread way out beyond a typical lot. Grouping is very bad.

beyond my forte :)

Lew

• 2 years later...