Sign in to follow this  
Korel_Design

Electrical Hot Keys?

What would be a good thing is, when doing electrical plans, having a few of the more common electrical functions tied to single stroke hot keys. Is that available? It sure would speed a few things up.

JK

I do have another issue. I have a ceiling fan with a light. I need to wire a switch to the fan motor and another switch to the light fixture. When I have two switches and I try and wire the 2 separate, my switches turn into 3 way switches. How can I have two 2 way switches going to this one ceiling fan with a light?

I don't know how to get a specific object into a hot key, but you can create a customized icon by dragging the "Place Library Object" icon onto a toolbar, and customizing that icon with a specific library object (and image), which is about the same and maybe even faster. 

3 minutes ago, Korel_Design said:

I do have another issue. I have a ceiling fan with a light. I need to wire a switch to the fan motor and another switch to the light fixture. When I have two switches and I try and wire the 2 separate, my switches turn into 3 way switches. How can I have two 2 way switches going to this one ceiling fan with a light?

Just use a plain old arc instead of a "connection."

Go to Tools>Toolbars & Hotkeys>Customize Hotkeys - There you can add Hot Keys for tool bar buttons. Tools>Toolbars & Hotkeys>Create Hotkey List saves an HTML File to the location of your choosing then open that file and print out your current list of Hot Keys.

2 minutes ago, Korel_Design said:

Go to Tools>Toolbars & Hotkeys>Customize Hotkeys - There you can add Hot Keys for tool bar buttons. Tools>Toolbars & Hotkeys>Create Hotkey List saves an HTML File to the location of your choosing then open that file and print out your current list of Hot Keys.

Sorry, I read your post too fast and thought you were trying to get common electrical ITEMS onto a hotkey. Maybe the tip on icons will be helpful, anyway.:)

The other way to get two switches to fan and light are to open switches : under general options uncheck "automatic change switch type when wiring" before connecting switches to fan. this also works for getting 2 3ways and any number of four way switches.... connect to get the two three ways then uncheck and add as many four ways as you want.  I have all ways be stickler on multiple switch wiring........

4 hours ago, Korel_Design said:

I have heard of single pole, 3way and 4 way switches, what is a two way switch?

I do like the use of an arc instead of connection... save time going back and editing.

I am going to try to explain this..... To have more then one switch to turn light (or fan) on and off, takes two 3 way switches. Each contact leg "A" or "B" they both on same leg light on. Every switch added for more than two switches are 4 way switch between the two 3 way switches.

Most designers around here call all switches in more than two switches 4 way switches.......

I have no clue what a two way switch is unless it is a double pole.