Roof Framing

Romeo_vi

It would be good to go through the basic tutorials that Chief has. This question is almost at the level of "how do I draw a wall?" and is asking more for tutoring than help with a problem you can't solve. This forum can be very helpful, but people expect that you've taken the time to learn the basics on your own.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NPDesignStudio
    Newest Member
    NPDesignStudio

• By cjanderson66
      my address has changed and I want to update the existing layout sheets with a new template. How do I go about doing so?  Anybody got any ideas of how to make this change.
    • By kylejmarsh
      Have some pre-set cameras in my template for basic b/w exterior linework views that then sync to the .layout file cover sheet  - which is great in theory but my cameras don't seem to want to behave:

Of course sending to layout as an 'image' solves this - but I wonder why the cropping changes when using the live camera?

I tried a second camera view and it seemed to work more closely to how you would expect. Nearly identical cropping on these two:

Kyle

• By Ange822
      Hello,

I am having issues with using the "active views" on Sheet Layouts. I just recently found this and thought it would save me a lot of time.

What I'm having an issue with:
      1. It seems to be very slow, but I'm not sure if that's because of the file size? Or because I know have a bunch of Active Views for both Exterior and Interior 3D views?
      2. After sending an active view to the layout sheet, It works great until I "File Save as" a new file (when I have to make changes to a design). When I go to "Relink File" and "Update View", it re sizes the image back to the original size, so I then have to resize / zoom the image back in large to fit onto the Layout.

Any ideas on how to keep the active image resized and only have to relink / update the view?

I have attached some Images to help explain.

thanks in advance,
      Angela 

• By Sunnyfields
      I am doing a remodel and have created a separate existing building file and am using it as an underlay to show where walls are being removed: 
      BUT, when I export the views to layout, they all default to the last view I export. Here I export the first floor:

So far so good. Here are the settings:

Then it all goes awry. This is what happens when I export the second floor:

And now the third...

This only happens with this one plan. Could using the plan reference be messing things up? Has anyone seen this before? 

Chief Premier X12
      Intel Core i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
      64.0 GB RAM
      64 Bit OS x64 based processor
      Windows 10 Pro

• By woodcraftdesign
      using live camera views in layout, how do I change the size of these in the layout sheet.  I would like my renderings to measure 12" wide but I cannot change the size. Probly just an oversight on my part.