Romeo_vi

Roof Framing

How could i generate a 2d plan from the 3d roof framing to send to layout to dimension. Thanks

Not the way to do it, try to do all dimensioning in the plan then send to the layout. Not exactly sure what you want though.

It would be good to go through the basic tutorials that Chief has. This question is almost at the level of "how do I draw a wall?" and is asking more for tutoring than help with a problem you can't solve. This forum can be very helpful, but people expect that you've taken the time to learn the basics on your own.

Just send it to layout or export as an DWG then import into chief and then sent to layout

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MarenM
    Newest Member
    MarenM

• By goodburger18
      I'm trying to send a Kitchen Island to my Layout in 2D without the other cabinets being in the elevational view. Is there a way to do that?
    • By SEThomas
      Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some trouble with the way a layout displays when I send it to a client. My assumption is that when I send the layout, and plan file all items should appear on the layout upon opening. Please note, I do have imported files in the layout, but I ".zip" everything with the layout and plan in the same file, so all items are together. However, some items on the layout still do not appear, is there something I might be doing incorrectly or need to add/lock to the layout?

Many thanks! 
    • By SEThomas
      Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some trouble with the way a layout displays when I send it to a client. My assumption is that when I send the layout, and plan file all items should appear on the layout upon opening. Please note, I do have imported files in the layout, but I ".zip" everything with the layout and plan in the same file, so all items are together. However, some items on the layout still do not appear, is there something I might be doing incorrectly or need to add/lock to the layout?

Many thanks! 
    • By stevenyhof
      I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I set the defaults for the roofs to auto build roof framing, it works after I set it for the following roofs I build. But when I open the plan again to work on, I need to set this default back on. ??? 

• By verticalworks
      We have limited space on our layout page and more pages than can fit. I cannot seem to find a way to do columns. The only option is to shrink the font but that will not be an option as the city requires a minimum font size. All I can come up with is to do a manual text box. This seems like there should be an easy solution to this as I know plan sets that are 60-80 pages and you would need multiple columns to show all the pages. Thought?