Floor Joist Framing - Has Something Changed

Go to solution Solved by Kiwideziner,

has something changed ? I tried to manually place a floor joist for a first floor but each time it would only draw ceiling joists. I dont recall having any problems in previous versions.

as a fix I would accept the ceiling joist then change it to floor joist layer and manually adjust the height.

I also had a similar problem the other week with a single story timber framed floor. This was usually simple to place manually

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    behrsbuildings
    Newest Member
    behrsbuildings

• By CaddCreations
      The lengths of framing members in schedules, i.e. rafters, joists, etc appear to be expressed in fractional inches by default.
      Can that be changed to be expressed in feet and fractional inches.
    • By Travis-Garcia
      I cannot seem to figure out how to make this exposed gable have the same shiplap siding on it that the house has. I built the patio piece by piece using framing members and added roof planes and ceiling planes then added the gable. Now II cannot figure out how to add siding. 

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021

• By Doug-ib
      As you can see, on the Left of the house the joist are in pairs of 3-4 in some areas even though i set the O.C to 24". anyone know what might be causing this? and any solutions. 

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hi, could someone check the attached plan. For some reason when I switch to Perspective framing overview, my layer set does not change with that, it stays as floor plan layer set. I spend a lot of time to figure out. Gave up. I know I can change the layer set to 3D framing layer set. But why it does not change by default. Could someone let me know where is the settings for that? Plan file attached for reference
      221004.plan
    • By Elvis1111
      I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make a framing schedule for the entire project, and not just wall by wall. 
      We are finding that framing schedules do a better job listing out the members and sizes then the material lists. 
      Thoughts/suggestions?