Sign in to follow this  
DCB123

Fastest way to create a layout page using a structural PDF or DWG file

You can import DWG details [or pdf] into a library or plan file.

>Need to make sure that it won't violate other users copyright infringement either

Best way: will be create your own, use [modify] the detail chief architect provided, ask if someone will share with you here, etc.   

If someone provided something to you, ask/check license statement "free to use in any commercial..." 

TYP details are the same, so copyright is about the author.

The easiest way to include TYP CAD details on the layout  ... is to create a separate plan file with all of the details, link this additional "details" plan

with a layout file and use send to layout for your details to be sent to a layout. This would allow you to update a single "details".plan and an update

will reflect onto every layout this detail plan is linked to. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By marinus
      Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
      • 5+ years of experience in construction/design
      • Strong technical skills
      • Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
      • Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
      • Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

• By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I would like to control the display of CAD line length and angle labels by layer in addition to via the dbx. Is there a way to do this? I know how to use the dbx below under display options, but I have a file with a bunch of different polylines and I would like to be able to turn on and off the labels without opening a dbx for each one. I would also like to display labels with some layer sets and not others for layout views. Thanks for any suggestions!

• By Condor0811
      We have been a design-build contractor for over 40 years. Our engineer of 25 years is retiring and we are seeking a replacement. Normally, we create our own structural drawings and submit them to our engineer for corrections and calculations. We would like to interview individuals who have an interest in collaborating in this fashion. Please email morris@careybros.com.
    • By james_carey
      Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.
    • By nancyscial
      Hi 
      I am using x10.  I have a kitchen type that I will multiply many times and save by unit #. I need to have the unit # show up on my layout page for each plan that is saved. 
      Not sure how to save the units and have the info show up. 
      Thanks in advance!