Sign in to follow this  
DCB123

Fastest way to create a layout page using a structural PDF or DWG file

You can import DWG details [or pdf] into a library or plan file.

>Need to make sure that it won't violate other users copyright infringement either

Best way: will be create your own, use [modify] the detail chief architect provided, ask if someone will share with you here, etc.   

If someone provided something to you, ask/check license statement "free to use in any commercial..." 

TYP details are the same, so copyright is about the author.

The easiest way to include TYP CAD details on the layout  ... is to create a separate plan file with all of the details, link this additional "details" plan

with a layout file and use send to layout for your details to be sent to a layout. This would allow you to update a single "details".plan and an update

will reflect onto every layout this detail plan is linked to. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heidimm
    Newest Member
    heidimm

• By DCB123
      Hello, my name is Doug, as I am a Chief Arch’l Cad Designer, looking to help other contractors, builders and Chief users with their residential projects, 3D models, plans, walkthroughs, photo realistic renderings in Chief Architect & Lumion softwares.
      I have a well established portfolio of the houses that I’ve done, renders in lumion 
      and other references as well.
      I would love to discuss your next design project with you, and even do a free online meeting, for us to get better aquanted with your Project. My professional rates are reasonable, depending on the size of the project, and the scope of the work, but I normally take payment on PayPal, and block out prepayment, for lesser amounts of time, or discuss, working on larger projects on contract basis. Pls, reach out to me, so, that we can discuss things further?

Douglas Burgmann
      Chief Architect Designer III
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell:     (970)987-4476 msg
      Web:   http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

• By PPRGLLC
      I usually print layouts on 24"x 36" paper so that is what my layout template is set up to do. A client wants to print on 11"x 17". When I change the size of the drawing sheet, it changes the paper size without adjusting the title boxes, notes, etc. Is there a way to resize the entire layout without creating a new layout template for 11" x 17" paper? 
    • By HDbyJustin
      The architect I am moonlighting for wants the title sheet to be rotated 90° to the rest of the sheets. I am not sure this is possible without creating a new layout just to have the title sheet be in the correct orientation. Is this an accurate assumption?
    • By kylejmarsh
      Upon sending 3D cameras to layout, I've noticed that they don't come through with the same aspect ratio as shown on my screen. That means I need to zoom waay in to get the view to look correct on the layout. What gives? Is there some setting I'm missing or is this a bug?

Here you see a screen shot of my camera (exactly as shown, with no toolbars turned on so it's the full CA window) and the view as sent to layout (again, cropped perfectly to show how the camera came through). Next I match the widths and put them side by side to show the difference. What accounts for this? I have been unable to figure it out.