Sign in to follow this  
DCB123

Fastest way to create a layout page using a structural PDF or DWG file

You can import DWG details [or pdf] into a library or plan file.

>Need to make sure that it won't violate other users copyright infringement either

Best way: will be create your own, use [modify] the detail chief architect provided, ask if someone will share with you here, etc.   

If someone provided something to you, ask/check license statement "free to use in any commercial..." 

TYP details are the same, so copyright is about the author.

The easiest way to include TYP CAD details on the layout  ... is to create a separate plan file with all of the details, link this additional "details" plan

with a layout file and use send to layout for your details to be sent to a layout. This would allow you to update a single "details".plan and an update

will reflect onto every layout this detail plan is linked to. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LeahHuber
    Newest Member
    LeahHuber

• By goodburger18
      I'm trying to send a Kitchen Island to my Layout in 2D without the other cabinets being in the elevational view. Is there a way to do that?
    • By SEThomas
      Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some trouble with the way a layout displays when I send it to a client. My assumption is that when I send the layout, and plan file all items should appear on the layout upon opening. Please note, I do have imported files in the layout, but I ".zip" everything with the layout and plan in the same file, so all items are together. However, some items on the layout still do not appear, is there something I might be doing incorrectly or need to add/lock to the layout?

Many thanks! 
    • By SEThomas
      Hi everyone,

I seem to be having some trouble with the way a layout displays when I send it to a client. My assumption is that when I send the layout, and plan file all items should appear on the layout upon opening. Please note, I do have imported files in the layout, but I ".zip" everything with the layout and plan in the same file, so all items are together. However, some items on the layout still do not appear, is there something I might be doing incorrectly or need to add/lock to the layout?

Many thanks! 
    • By DaveQueener
      Gentlemen,

I am a professional model-maker and cnc machinist looking to build a new 40'x60' workshop on my property. I am well versed in SolidWorks and AutoCAD, but not Chief Architect. I am contemplating renting CA for a couple of months to complete the design of my new workshop and generate construction drawings, but before I pull the trigger on that, and spend a good deal of time learning the software, I would like to get quotes for someone else to complete the design work and generate prints. Please contact me offline for details and to bid the job.

Dave Queener
      Knoxville, Tennessee
      Dave at CumberlandModelEngineering dot com
    • By bryanwilber
      I'm looking for someone who can draw a very simple storage building and then create plans suitable to submit to permit office in Brookhaven, GA.  The building will be 16 X 20, single story, stem wall / slab foundation, board and batten siding (to match existing house), 1 small garage door on 16' side, regular door and a few windows.  No electrical, no plumbing.  

Thanks in advance for any interest in this project.