Sign in to follow this  
country

No Deck Cantilever & Deck Joist direction

Is there any way to set the defaults so the deck support beam and posts are not stepped back for a cantilever?  I never have a cantilever and usually have a roof over the deck so require supports directly under the roof supports.  This situation comes up on almost every plan I draw.

I also would like to know if there is a way to frame the deck in at 90 degrees when it is wrapped around a corner.  The program always puts the joist direction the same even when I split the spaces up but maybe I am just not doing something in the correct order.  

In framing dbx use joist direction tool and bearing line tool

Thanks. I use them inside and forgot when doing the deck. Does that bring the deck supports out to the edge if you use the bearing line?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    KiwiArc
    Newest Member
    KiwiArc

• By ChrisWamahiu
      Hello everyone, i have created an automatic hexagonal deck and another custom deck. With automatic framing checked, the framing is not generated apart from planking and railing. What could be the issue? Thank you.
    • By ShowmeCHIEF
      We always build our decks independent of the home so they can move freely.  How do I set this up as the standard for all of our decks.  I don't want to continue to copy and insert another carrier beam and posts.
    • By mrscott
      Going back to school. 
      My Deck is too Low.zip
    • By capitaldesigns
      I'm new to CA,

I was following along with the new deck video on CA website. When I do the deck framing it does not frame right.
      In the video it comes out correctly.

We are adding a deck to a one story raised foundation house. The house is already framed. When I generate the
      deck framing the rim joist of the house is moved back to the inside face of the stem wall. The deck floor joists are
      resting on the sill plate of the house and the house floor joist are now off of the foundation. In the video the house
      rim joist remain where it should be (aligned with the outside face of the stem wall) and the deck floor joist are hanging
      off of the house rim joist.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks,

Mike
    • By MTL-Homes
      For some reason I suddenly can't select deck framing components ie: beams, posts, joists on my current plan in 2d view to modify them.  Can select them in 3d. Never had this problem before