ComputerMaster86

Cased / Non-Cased Openings

I know this is such a small thing but, I just figured this out by messing with the door settings.  I bet most everybody on here knows how do this.  Maybe some newby's might not know this.  Anyways, if you would like an opening in a wall but don't want it to be a cased opening just follow the steps below...

1. Insert a cased opening.

post-8172-0-09027800-1473047228_thumb.jpg

2. Click on the cased opening in plan view.

3. Click on the door Icon for "Open Object".

4. Click on the "Casing" tab.

post-8172-0-63238400-1473047282_thumb.jpg

5. Deselect "Use Interior Casing" and "Use Exterior Casing" if it is not grayed out.

post-8172-0-98441600-1473047313_thumb.jpg

6. Close out of the door settings dialogue box.

post-8172-0-04097500-1473047261_thumb.jpg

I would have to say this is pretty basic stuff. Thanks for sharing..

Let's take it up a notch with a request to Chief.

I've been doing this for  many years.

The only issue with it, is once you've created a "Non-Cased Opening", the opening is  virtually impossible to select while in 3d or elevation view mode. I usually  have to go to plan view in order to select the "uncased opening". 

Any one else have this same issue?-BB

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SuzLeigh
    Newest Member
    SuzLeigh

• By MichaelaS
      Looking for a way to add window and door toppers for interior millwork. 

• By Designer100
      1)I need to create a 3' x 6'8" with 1'4" Transom. I need it to look Similar to attched picture as a 36" width door. 
      Would appreciate any help. Bedroom 2 entry door was one I was trying to make , then copy it other places. trim overlaps door on top.
      2) Also home is 24" off grade built up under slab. any suggestions appreciated.  second floor will be left unfinished for future build out .
      3) garage door into house is showing below 24" raised for ada lift and steps. 

Thanks for any help. 

Newell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

Richie_house._La.plan
    • By fangelo
      Does anyone have, or know how to create an inswing exterior door with an out-swing storm or screen door?

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a plan for an addition and in the basement there is a garage with an overhead door and man door. The doors show up on the 3D overviews and elevations, but not the foundation plan. I have checked the layers and they are all on. The odd thing is that I have layer called Doors, Existing and they are showning fine everywhere. Note the new doors do show up on an older version of the plan (backup copy). 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance, 

Chris 
    • By CGC_LLC
      I have a 3-4 door opening that I want to place a double 1-8 hinged door into.  I can't seem to find an option in the door specification menu that will allow me to make the door a double door.  It just automatically places a single door that is 3-4.