HumbleChief

Members
  • Posts

    6178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HumbleChief

  1. Kay, You might have mad skills and don't know it. I don't think I could get a building to look like that if I tried. No idea what you did but am curious.
  2. Just tried it in X6. Worked as expected. Just basically un-check all the boxes and make the gable sub-fascia the same depth as the rafters and voila. Can't explain the gremlins. I am working in a plan with only 4 walls and a gable roof to test so maybe on a more complicated plan it gets more ..uhh.. complicated.
  3. ...most likely scenario. ...but I wanted add I can't imagine a more automated method - without gremlins of course - and I haven't tried X6 yet.
  4. Could this be a new problem in X6? Sorry I can only use my X5 right now, but I can't find a way to NOT have the gable fascia have the rafter tail design.
  5. In X5 I just tried to get gable end rafter tails and had no problem. Hope this is what you wanted. I've attached a pic and the dbx. Un-check trim to soffits and soffits in 'options'
  6. I think I see your point now Perry. If I select each member it can be changed that way. Pretty complex roof, was hoping to avoid that.
  7. Great suggestion Scott. True you would want the rafters to match the fascia but only to the blocking for the outside wall where they would then be their natural color again. In this case I have a black fascia and want to show it as black alone for the framing plan. Your suggestion should work great though, thanks very much.
  8. Hey Perry, Yeah I have 2 planes and I get the spacing and member 'size' to be different, auto or manual, but it looks like the framing member 'type' (i.e. I-Joist, Lumber Glu-lam) is set up in the defaults and can only be changed there and not per plane. Can you get different member 'types' per plane?
  9. Can't remember how/if this can be done but when I change the fascia color to (let's say) black the roof joists change to black as well. What setting am I missing?
  10. It seems I can change the spacing and size of roof framing members but not the type. For example if I want to frame one plane with 8" x 18" Glu-Lams @ 48" O.C. and another with I-Joists @ 16" O.C. it seems like I have to choose one or the other. Is there a way to use 2 different types of roof framing members? Using auto roof framing.
  11. Perhaps make separate vanities for each cabinet. They won't spec properly but they will look the same as a single triple.
  12. Testing my new handle How do you post an image in the signature file? Can't seem to find an icon to do so. I see the old forum had an 'insert signature picture' button. No such thing that I can see on the new forum.