X6 Sending Elevation To Layout In Colour

robymore

Hi

In Chief X6 can you send cross section - elevation views to layout, in scale, in colour,  as I can only seem to send in black & white line  with no colour

thanks Rob

Yes, it can be done quite easily. I credit this method to Wendy Welton who introduced this method along time ago. I also went over this awhile back at one of our user group meetings.

1. Take the elevation you want.

2. Send it to the layout as "Current Screen As Image". This will be a colored image.

3. Switch back to the elevation and be sure NOT TO CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE IMAGE ON YOUR SCREEN (DO NOT ZOOM IN OR OUT),

4, Send that elevation (current screen, not current screen as image), to the layout at what ever scale you want. This will be a vector view with no color.

5. In the layout, open the scaled vector view and see what the width is. Make note of it or paste it to your Windows clip board.

6. Now open the color image in the layout and change the width so that it matches the vector view. Be sure to maintain the ratio or keep it concentric. 

7. Reposition the images as needed on your layout. Delete the vector elevation if you want.

Now you have a scaled color elevation in color. Keep in mind that it is an image and not an elevation that can be updated.

Color Elevation.pdf

Edited by tommy1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think so

many times asked for - but ???

one trick is to send b/w to keep it live and scaled

then make a color .jpg and import on same page

then using a corner handle for the .jpg size it over the b/w view

Lew

No need to import an image and resize with the corner handle.