Designer100

Dormer Walls extending into room

Can someone assist in telling me how to remove walls that project into the room with domer that are slope up to room ht.  I used automatic dormer to create.. I need to hid the part that does that. Make invisible or something. any help appreciated. 

Thanks

Suttles.James Remodeling 04.2016.plan

Can someone assist in telling me how to remove walls that project into the room with domer that are slope up to room ht.  I used automatic dormer to create.. I need to hid the part that does that. Make invisible or something. any help appreciated. 

Thanks

Select dormer,  explode dormer,  take the portion of wall you do not want to seem,  put them on their own layer,  turn layer off in plan view.

post-50-0-84877100-1462554841_thumb.png

Check out Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom too.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WarJammer
    Newest Member
    WarJammer

• By ShawnHayes
      Still consider myself somewhat of a beginner when it comes to this software and my ability with elevations is terrible. Our house plans are finished on a flat level surface, however our actual property is anything but. I'd like to add in our property elevations and grading so we can get a better idea of what it will look like but I struggle to even do simple landscaping work in this software. Is there anyone out there who feels they have simplified the instructions, or could help me through this?
    • By Designer100
      I have designed a pergola and a deck. I cannot get the terrian to show right. It needs to be zero of level at back of deck by pool deck and slowly slope down to a bayou. it needs to be 36" to grade at edge of outer deck Then a stair going down to the end of stair which is around 5 fr lower that top of deck. I have not did much terrian and would appreciate your help. This is just a remodeling and adding a deck from the pool. 

Thank  you,

Nerwell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Pergola_.plan

11X17.layout
    • By KahlilHenley
      Chief Architect has been a blessing to me in the last year that I have been utilizing the software. However, I work in the United States Virgin Islands St. Thomas,  where there are seldom flat land to build on. Therefore, there is always a slope in the land and I am having a hard time landscaping. Are there any techniques or tips anyone can offer.
    • By WhistlerBuilder
      Hi everyone,

I am stuck on a tricky terrain issue. I am designing a multi family building site that has some relatively simple grading required for the parking lot and pedestrian access which chief cannot seem to accurately process. Perhaps I am missing a trick? I have uploaded the relevant portion of my plan so you can take a look.

Basically I have a pedestrian access "sidewalk" coming on the property at a higher elevation, and a driveway leading to a parking lot at a lower elevation. The driveway and parking lot all have carefully calculated grades leading to the elevation I have set as top of parking slab (2159.00 ft). After days of messing with the retaining walls and terrain breaks I finally got the parking lot to work. Now the problem is that chief cannot seem to handle terrain topographic lines intersecting the top of a retaining wall / terrain break without creating absolutely batshit crazy peaks and valleys everywhere. Since the site requires that I have a sidewalk pedestrian access at the top of one of these retaining walls with a maximum slope of 2%, these crazy variations are screwing up my plan. I cannot seem to get rid of them except with flat terrain areas, which of course screw up the pedestrian access elevations. I can't just cheat and do stairs because this building needs to be handicap accessible. Chief cannot do terrain area's with a slope... something they should absolutely add!!!!!

How do I fix this problem?

I would really appreciate some help here as I have spent the last few days really struggling with the terrain features of chief and I am at my wits end trying to figure out this issue.

Help_Plan.plan
    • By WesternDesign
      Okay, I have tried to make a simple work around that would show up correctly in all views and still keep the garage slab in the materials list.  This is what I have come up with but I could sure use some feed back from you power users who are much smarter than I am.
      I would copy this plan file (or the slab on it) to my level 0 (foundation) way off to the side and leave it on my new home plan/template.  It is oversize so I can just stretch it around in plan view to match the size and shape of the garage and run the slab over the stemwall at all of the door openings.  (We do not use mono slabs, only stemwall & footings.)
      Please let me know where I might be going wrong or could do this another way faster.  Still wish Chief Architect would make this work WITHOUT the work around.

GARAGE SLAB TEMPLATE.plan