Question for Scott Hall

Northriver

I should probably introduce myself since I am a first time poster to the forum. My name is Jeff and have been using Chief since version X4 after giving up on Revit (Started Version 6.1 ending with 2010).

Enough of that.

Scott, you did a video about 4 or 5 years ago you named " Raymond's Building on piers". I had copied the link 4 years ago and it's no longer valid. I was wondering if you could post it if you still have it. I seem to remember it was easier that what the Chief Architect knowledge base article had showed. I am designing a cabin that will have a beam/ post to concrete pad as it is not possible to have concrete delivered(I suppose by Helicopter) and concrete needed will be mixed onsite. The design is going to he a 2X10 floor system, 6X10 girders with 6x6 post connected down to a 24"X24"X10" pad. Also putting a pony wall under exterior perimeter to add shear to foundation.

Thanks,

Jeff K

PS

My sister lives in Escondido and when I visit the next time I will look you up and take you and your lovely bride out to lunch.

Hi Jeff,  I will take you up on the lunch.   Unfortunately I did not keep the vid.  I did a search and it was not on YOUTUBE.  I might of posted it on CHIEFTUTOR'S web site which has recently been erased and revamped so no point in looking there. 

I will redo a vid for my lunch.  I will try to do it first thing in the AM.  However I bet someone will beat me to the punch and do a great vid for you.  

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out. I did not now you could delete the foundation and not delete floor 0 along with keeping the floor framing. I remember trying to delete the foundation in X5 and it deleted floor 0, but come to think of it I may have deleted the floor level instead of just the foundation.

What is the deal with DBL rim joists showing up when I deleted the foundation. I cannot find anywhere that controls how many rim joists are to be used. I only see controls for width and material type.