Editing Roof Planes on other levels

myrtsbnye

As a self and Youtube taught CA user I am having trouble with a Cape Cod style home.

I drew the main level then placed a 10/12 roof on that level. Then I added a second level which CA placed within what was the attic. Everything is fine so far....I think.

Now, I am on the 2nd level and need to add a shed dormer. So, I need to edit the existing main level roof plane to get the dormer to work, but it is on the main level. I seem to remember a Chief Tutor youtube video that moved the roof planes from the first level to the second level without the planes actually moving in the real world so that they could be edited from the 2nd level.

Am I making sense? I figure this is a rookie question, but it is bugging me. Maybe I haven't tackled a Cape Cod drawing the correct way.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

Select the roof plane(s) and there is a tool in the edit toolbar named something like "Move Up a Floor". I'm not at my computer but I don't remember the exact name. It should have an arrow pointing up though and there should be one right next to it with an arrow pointing down.