Pkbldr

Inserting the 2D CAD Block of a symbol seperately?

Drop both the symbol and the CAD block into your plan (assuming you have Automatically Purge CAD Blocks checked).  Open the symbol, click on the 2D Block tab, and select the block you want from the list.  If desired, Add To Library.

Sorry, just realized I may not have read your question correctly.  Sounds like you want to insert just the CAD block of an existing symbol.  Here's how to do that.  Drop the symbol into the plan, open it and click on the 2D Block tab...take note of the name of the CAD Block assigned to the symbol.  Now go to CAD>CAD Block Management, select the appropriate CAD block and click Insert.

That's what I was looking for, "go to CAD>CAD Block Management"!

Obviously need to become better acquainted with some of the menus but, there are just so bloody many of them!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Toby

That's what I was looking for, "go to CAD>CAD Block Management"!

Obviously need to become better acquainted with some of the menus but, there are just so bloody many of them!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Toby

You're more than welcome.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stephanie_M
    Newest Member
    Stephanie_M

• By LCDesign
      How do you get the 2D symbols in the electrical legend to show up at the same size that they are in the plan (or a size that is desired)?  Is there a way to control the size of the 2D symbols in electrical legends?  The 2D symbols come in so large that they blow the legends right off the page.  If I scale the legend down, the text becomes illegible.

• By WWDesign
      Hi,
      New to Chief Architect and a Mac Use with Version 2021.  I can't seem to find the Centerline Symbol in this program, yet when I google it, some videos show the symbol in Dimensions.  However, nothing is there for this symbol in this version.   Please advise.
      Thanks!

• By SNestor
      Building on the videos Eric (Solver) made recently...I did this video to show how you can construct a tapered paneled column in plan view, using p-solids and a molding polyline. It's a fast method...and the best part is you don't have to use a 3D molding polyline.

Check it out....

• By Night8917
      Hi Guys and Girls.

I've been away form this forum for a long time, maybe some of you still remember me.
      I had another job for a few year and I didn't have time to be here, how ever Covid struck and I lost the other job.
      So to make some extra money I will offer my symbols for sale and also take custom symbol orders, if you want something special I make it for you.

You can see a few of my symbols, old and new on my facebook page.
      https://www.facebook.com/LAN-Web-Atelier-1026690994013108

If you like what you see send me a PM or an E-mail.

Best regards
      Anders Niemi

• By Verica
      Hi
      I wonder if it is possible to somehow create a symbol out of these or similar free dwg Autocad blocks?
      I mean not to import but to trace and create a 3d polyline?