Symbol In Plan View

RobWhite

I have created my own symbol for a toilet as shown in the attachment. However the tiled background in the plan view continues through the toilet pan. In the symbol specificaiton I have 'filled' the 2D Block which is  self generate, but only the flush is fill. The tiled floor is blotted out in the flush and not the pan. I get this problem reoccurring on a few custom made symbols.

post-4136-0-40824800-1425506875_thumb.jpg

Symbol do not have the option for move to front. The only icon button I know for solid fill is in the symbol menu/2D block and I have the 'Fill" tab ticked  (ie solid fill) and the colour white

If you go to CAD/ CAD Block Management and find the 2D block being used (the block's name you will find in the Symbol Menu under 2D block, usually just the same as the name of the symbol you imported), Insert that 2D CAD block into the plan, explode it, and then edit it in such a fashion that you get a block with closed polylines that you can give a solid white fille to, block that, and then go back to the Symbol Menu/ 2D Block on the symbol and change it to your new block which should now be available as a CAD block you can use.

That should give you the fills you need to get it to read as on top of the room fill pattern.

Alternately, you could also just swap the CAD block out for one of the ones in the Core Catalog in the library, perhaps a simpler, more symbolic one or even just make one from scratch.  It just depends on how realistic you want or need it to look in plan view.  Looking at the symbol you have, it could get a little tedious trying to edit that CAD block to read the way you want it to.