Copying styles between railing/fences

Nicinus

Is there a way to copy the style and appearance of one railing onto another? I've placed a number of dummy railings (in wood) and would now like to replace those with the final design in metal.

[

Railingstyle

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't for my life find that button? Not even if selecting a wall or something the manual says it works on? Shouldn't it be on the right mouse button when selecting an object?

It's bizarre, but that tool isn't anywhere. I even went to the toolbar customization and looked through every little tool icon and it's not there??

I'm sure I used it the other day, can I somehow erased it? I assume these tool icons aren't dependent on templates so what can have happened?

Something fishy is definitely going on. I found it in customize hotkeys, but if I select for example a wall and hit CTRL-J nothing happens and it doesn't show up  in the edit toolbar. Should I call technical support?

My apologies,  That doesn't work with railings because they are actually walls.

The easiest way that I know of is to simply select one of the railings that is what you want and grab drag the "continue wall edit handle" over the other railings - basically just "draw over" the one's you want to change.

BTW, you can save a wall (including a railing wall) to the Library and then just pick it from the Library to draw it wherever you need to.

Ah, thanks, that explains it. I confused myself further by misreading the manual that walls would work with it as well, which I couldn't get to work either. Turned out that it said wall hatching. :/