Sign in to follow this  
WhistlerBuilder

Exposed Rim Joists In Exterior View?

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue that I cant seem to figure out. I know I am just missing a setting somewhere and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a set of plans where the floors appear to all be hovering above each other. I built the floor framing and now instead of hovering the rim joists are exposed in the floor package in between the siding of the top floor and bottom floor.

How do I get the siding to cover this area? or apply a belly board or flashing for the siding break between floors?

Thanks for your help!

Spruce st House 3.plan

Your exterior wall definition has no exterior layers.  Your siding, housewrap, and plywood are all designated as main layers. Select those items one by one and "Move Up" so they become exterior layers.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zzubin
    Newest Member
    zzubin

• By Texas_Chief_Pros
      Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design

• By OneChickNoHammer
      I've been recreating the "Paradise Rises" drawings as a learning exercise.  I get to this point (file attached) and noticed the eaves are boxed.  (I did start with a similar previous file and "Saved As" to save myself some time.)  I select rebuild roofs and uncheck the boxed eaves.  Then the siding on the upstairs bump outs disappear.  Ugh!  Very frustrating.  Of course, I rebuild the roofs and put the boxed eaves back.  Tried redrawing the walls.  Nothing seems to be working.

Option4_Farmhouse.plan
    • By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9