Context

Importing Kohler Toilet Symbols

I am struggling with importing Kohler toilets from their website.  I successfully imported a 2D file and even managed to get into my library.  BUT, then I searched for the 3D symbol and rather than find it under 2D and 3D CAD files under their Pro pop-up window, I found the file on the spec sheet for the actual product.  It comes as either a DXF or DWG file but doesn't tell me what is on the file - 2D and 3D or just 3D.  Grrrrr.  I just want to put a 2D symbol on my plan and not have to change it out later when I need a rendering or elevation.    BTW, I just tried to attach the files to show all of you, but it won't allow me to upload the file.  Grrr. again.

Kohler's collection of symbols is now available to download as a Chief library on the Chief website if you have version X8 installed.  If not, I would suggest downloading the symbols from the 3d Warehouse (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/) as .skp files.  They have a pretty good collection of Kohler symbols.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fishios
    Newest Member
    Fishios

• By Fred-WLIO
      I'm a newby, so be kind.     I'm looking for symbols for two things electrical.  The first is a generator, which would be placed outside next to the meter socket.  The type I would be most interested in is the Kohler 17kva.   Then I need a symbol for the transfer box, which is a Hoffman style metal box, about 24" x 24" x 10" which would go inside next to the breaker box.

I also have need for some ham related symbols.  Since I'm really in the minority with these, is there an FAQ or paper on how to design these from scratch?

TIA,
      Fred
    • By Designers_Edge
      Is there a secret to downloading a 3D model from the Kohler website?  I have the choice of downloading the 3D model in either DWG or DXF.  When I choose to download the file, I am not able to "save" it, rather I am only offered the opportunity to open it with the application.  When I choose Chief I get only the option to import as a CAD file.  So.......does that mean I can not import symbols from this website too??

I know that Chief for the iMac CAN NOT use anything from sketchup in the 3D Warehouse- skp files etc..  I have always had a PC and enjoyed being able to download plumbing, appliances etc. for my clients projects.  I am finding this very frustrating with the iMac version of Chief.  While the library is nice, it does not support many of the items I need.  

What do other iMac users do?   Thanks for your help.
      Sharon Olsen X7 for iMac
      kohler import.tiff
    • By Designers_Edge
      I would love to get some tips to successfully import 3D Kohler sink symbols.  I have tried multiple combinations of advanced setting options - such as having it insert into a countertop, and not having it insert, BUT have it sit on a base cabinet with a height off the floor that I calculate as 36" minus the depth of the sink. I have changed the option: Type to "sinks bathroom".  No matter the combination of any of the above, the sink still floats above the countertop. I can't grab it in elevation nor in cross-section to pull it down.

I have no difficulty with toilets and pedestal sinks, nor with faucets--only sinks both kitchen and bath.

I appreciate any guidance with this.
    • By Designers_Edge
      I would love to get some tips to successfully import 3D Kohler sink symbols.  I have tried multiple combinations of advanced setting options - such as having it insert into a countertop, and not having it insert, BUT have it sit on a base cabinet with a height off the floor that I calculate as 36" minus the depth of the sink. I have changed the option: Type to "sinks bathroom".  No matter the combination of any of the above, the sink still floats above the countertop. I can't grab it in elevation nor in cross-section to pull it down.

I have no difficulty with toilets and pedestal sinks, nor with faucets--only sinks both kitchen and bath.

I appreciate any guidance with this.
    • By PoggenpohlHawaii
      A shower stall was expanded to create a full-size shower with custom enclosure. Glass tile accents along with porcelain tile make this a low-maintenance shower. Fixtures include Hansgrohe, Kohler and ACO drain.