Sloping Flat Truss With Parapet Walls

Boxon1

Hi everybody,

I am afraid that this topic was mentioned several times, but never really answered.

I am working on house in Tucson, and this detail is killing me. It look like some kind of energy heel, but it's not. And I need these vertical ending web (stud, post, whatever) to attach other wall layers, and create a parapet wall.

Perfect truss for this is made by company from Sierra Vista, AZ,  "Southwest Home and Hearth", http://www.southwesthomeandhearth.com/swt/trusstypes.htm, and they will probably be the chosen manufacturer, but I need to make this, because I need these trusses for interior (will be visible).

I tried all kinds of truss settings, to make it look like shown on image  "Sloping-flat...jpg", but it just ignores me. And I don't have a clue in what direction should I go.

This is definitely possible, because entire list of trusses on that web page was made in Chief, but how did they do it?

How can I make truss like this?

post-1711-0-47732300-1453128988_thumb.jpg

post-1711-0-70108700-1453129001_thumb.jpg

Thanks Man, I was thinking the same, but hoped that someone will find some truss editing tool...

If I edit truss manually, will it still behave like truss, or I will loose that?

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but once you modify the truss you can still check "Force Truss Rebuild" and it will rebuild to its previous state (or to your modified roof shape).