Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Need Help With Retaining Walls.

1. The foundation wall that is part of the basement and connects the retaining walls doesn't reach the bottom of the floor above it and I can't figure out a way to close the gap.

2. The basement and retaining walls are set to be the same height but they aren't, the retaining walls sit higher up. Both stem walls start at the absolute elevations (B) of -10" and the relative heights (I) are 98.5"

PAPP dormer work.plan

If settings "fail" then you can always manually adjust the wall poly-lines so they will match. This is best done in a cross section camera for finer control. In the final analysis, it is you who is in control and only you who is responsible for outcomes, just make it happen by whatever means.

DJP

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By SpeleoWorm
      I have created a number of different wall types to show proper dimensions (i.e. when one side of the wall is 5/8" Type X and the other side is 1/2" drywall) as well as to calculate the correct material counts and to show the proper information in the schedules.  Unfortunately doing that seems to have a down side...it changes the framing as if they were separate walls instead of the same wall with different materials on them.  I have seen the following side effects (colors refer to screenshots below):

(Green Arrow) In unfinished rooms such as an attic storage space which only has a subfloor but no drywall, the walls get pushed up into the rafters by what appears to be 3". (Red Arrows) The floor joists and top/bottom plates are cut in the middle when they should be continuous pieces of wood.  In addition, you can see that the walls which are produced are not boxed at the end...the top & bottom plates stick out at the end. (Purple Arrow) Parts of the gable wall are not created.  In this case you could argue that it is not needed, but if a builder makes a wall he is not going to leave a hole in it. (Blue Arrows) An extra stud is added to a room that has no drywall, and therefore doesn't need nailer studs.  In addition, it looks like the other stud needed as a nailer for the finished room in the middle is missing from the plan view of the framing (see 2nd screenshot).  
      Am I doing this all wrong (creating separate wall types), or is there a way to use them and fix (any of) the issues I mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - I am a little surprised that the wall finish is not part of the room settings (like the floor & ceiling already are)...that would allow you to have continuous walls and still have different materials in each room (i.e. greenboard in the bath, 5/8" type X in a garage, unfinished in an attic, etc.

Example of Wall Issue.plan
    • By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By Designers_Ink
      Designer's Ink is a full-service building design firm based out of Stillwater, Oklahoma; however, we have worked on projects in 27 different states and 5 different countries.  We have been in business since 1993 and have 5 designers and draftsmen on staff to serve you.  We specialize in creating stunning 3D models of your building project so you can see exactly what the building will look like before you build.  This significantly reduces the costs of change orders during construction.  Many of our clients have told us they saved more in construction costs using our services than they paid for our services due to reduced change orders and value engineering during the design.

Once your 3D model is completed, we then produce easy to read construction documents.   We take a lot of pride in our construction documents which we customize for each client's specific needs.  Our goal is to produce our construction documents in such a way that the folks on the ground building the project have everything they need, and in a format they can use efficiently.  

With over half of our clients being from out of state, we have been working remotely with clients for years.  With the current restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, already having a system in place to communicate with our clients remotely is essential.  We have been using our system for years, so we know it works well.  We also offer one-on-one tutoring services for both Chief Architect and Home Designer Pro.  We have been using Chief Architect for 16 years.

Please take a moment to look at our website at www.designersink.us for more information about our company.  If you would like to set up a free, no-obligation initial consultation, contact us to schedule a time that works for you.  We look forward to EXCEEDING your expectations. 

Jeff Dillon - Owner / Designer

• By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?