Hello!

My very small company has currently 2 chief keys for version X3. My company is going to be undergoing restructuring at the beginning of the year- and will be under a new company name. My boss had a few questions that concern our current licensing. He purchased them with his name, but also using our company name. Do we need to pay a transfer fee when we carry the licensing over to the new company? It will be under the same owners name, and even the same physical address. 

I am hoping we wouldn't have to pay any fees- since the physical person owning the software is the same. Any help is appreciated during this process!

Thank you so much!

Trista

Call Chief Architect Sales and ask them, it is them who are the authorities and not end users (US) who know and enforce the "law".

DJP

Hello Trista,

Thank you for the question.  I don't see a problem with this but, you should definitely give our Customer Service Department a call to get verification that there will not be a transfer fee charged.  You can contact us at 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Software

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fishios
    Newest Member
    Fishios

• By CarlaBDesigns
      X10 for sale $1,000, this does not have SSA.
    • By KenL-sdd
      When you unlicense  x11 it also unlicenses x10 or if you unlicense  x10 it also unlicenses x11. That is fine and I understand why it is being done. However is should also work the other way if I license x11 for my laptop then it should give me access to x10 or vise versa..
      Case in point, I licensed x10 on my laptop to go into the field and meet with a client on a job, I have been working on for a while. Unfortunately the drawing had been opened and saved in x11 and was in the wrong file folder. Being in the middle of nowhere without internet connection I was hosed <that's the nice word> thanks to chiefs new way to  license. If you are going to remove access to x10 and x11 if just one is unlicensed then if I license one product the other should be licensed on the same machine it should automatically give access to the other product.
      Chief please fix this MAJOR licensing problem.
    • By Ajay44
      No longer using the software so I am selling it for $1600.00 or best reasonable offer. I will handle the license transfer and fee. If you are interested, give me a reply and we can discuss the details. 
    • By mfmclelland
      I used CA to design and do the working drawings for my home. Now that it is completed and we are moved in, I don't need to retain my license any longer. I am offering it for sale for $1650.00 with the buyer paying the 100.00 transfer fee (total $1750.00). I have spoken with customer service and they are sending me the transfer forms. If you are interested you can contact me here, PM me, or email me at mark@elsproductions.com. Thanks!