Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Can I Create Slab On Grade With Insulation?

I'm trying to create something similar to this picture. Is that possible or will I only be able to show it as a CAD detail?

post-8426-0-23984800-1449248278_thumb.jpg

Add the insulation layer to the foundation wall defaults. It won't put the layer on top of the step back though.

Ok, that's how I've been doing it so far, it's good to know I wasn't missing something though. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't ever see the layer on top anyway, except for in a section view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    qmeilhon
    Newest Member
    qmeilhon

• By Aamir77
      Hi,
      Facing problem in putting the recessed lights on a slab made under the ceiling though tried to adjust the offset from the ceiling but failed. Help!
    • By olivia222
      I am a new user, and am working on my first multi level dwelling. I know how to create a ground floor foundation, but want to create mid floor slabs for the levels above. I have tried a few things but nothing will appear in cross section as a solid obvious object. It will be a timber structure, but I dont want to indicate that at this stage, just a solid floor.

• By WhistlerBuilder
      Hi everyone,

I am stuck on a tricky terrain issue. I am designing a multi family building site that has some relatively simple grading required for the parking lot and pedestrian access which chief cannot seem to accurately process. Perhaps I am missing a trick? I have uploaded the relevant portion of my plan so you can take a look.

Basically I have a pedestrian access "sidewalk" coming on the property at a higher elevation, and a driveway leading to a parking lot at a lower elevation. The driveway and parking lot all have carefully calculated grades leading to the elevation I have set as top of parking slab (2159.00 ft). After days of messing with the retaining walls and terrain breaks I finally got the parking lot to work. Now the problem is that chief cannot seem to handle terrain topographic lines intersecting the top of a retaining wall / terrain break without creating absolutely batshit crazy peaks and valleys everywhere. Since the site requires that I have a sidewalk pedestrian access at the top of one of these retaining walls with a maximum slope of 2%, these crazy variations are screwing up my plan. I cannot seem to get rid of them except with flat terrain areas, which of course screw up the pedestrian access elevations. I can't just cheat and do stairs because this building needs to be handicap accessible. Chief cannot do terrain area's with a slope... something they should absolutely add!!!!!

How do I fix this problem?

I would really appreciate some help here as I have spent the last few days really struggling with the terrain features of chief and I am at my wits end trying to figure out this issue.

Help_Plan.plan
    • By mbdesigns
      How do I fix this situation where the slab is showing through my foundation wall?

• By wnschoen
      I am always trying to simplify/template things as much as possible - does anyone know why: " If Monolithic Slab Foundation is checked, the current Floor Structure will be replaced by a single 4” (100 mm) layer of concrete with footings that can be seen in camera views only. "  -  why does not the Program generate the slab as a layer on the Plan View on the Foundation Level?  Am I missing something obvious?  I like how the 'Slab Footing' wall has a camfer option, I just don't understand why if the Monolithic Slab Foundation is generated automatically it can't show up as a regular Layer?