HaywardVT

Can't Create Attic Truss, No Flat Ceiling Or Floor Platform Error Msg

I'm trying to do an experiment to figure something else out and I can't even create an attic truss. It says I don't have either a flat ceiling or a floor platform but I have both. I've created attic trusses across 30' with an 8:12 slope before, I don't know what I did different this time. The plan I'm attaching is after I changed some things from the default settings, like ceiling height, in order to get a more flat ceiling.

truss experiment.plan

Weird. I couldn't get it to work either. I even tried drawing a new plan and didn't work there again. I have done these several times before without issue. 

I cannot explain why,  but if you open your plan and DROP THE ROOF PLANES down 12",  you should be able to get your attic truss. 

post-50-0-08098900-1449414745_thumb.png

BTW,  I understand this is not what you want,  the point is I do not think you are doing anything wrong,  but it must be something within CA that has some restrictions on the height at end of the truss.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexvictory
    Newest Member
    alexvictory

• By stanlee92218
      I have all of my exterior walls laid out and I have been following along with the video to learn the software, I am new to this! I went to change it to perspective floor overview and I keep getting this error message. 

• By SNestor
      OK...I've been messing around with the "Tray Ceiling" tool in X12.  Cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a "nested" tray ceiling.  In the help file it shows to unique icons...one for a "tray"...and one for a "nested tray".  I cannot find where this "nested" tray menu or icon exists.  

Is the nested ceiling shown below in Example B possible with the Nested Tray Ceiling tool?  Thanks!

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By decorators3
      Hi

I've been away for several months and only now getting back into my CA 11.  But when I open my plan I get this error message.  I've tried updating my library but I have NOTHING no core no bonus no manufacturers.  
      Can anyone direct me or do I contact tech support

Thanks

• By MN_JohnH
      I wonder why my second floor loft flooring is sticking through the roof and can be seen on the outside of the building?