Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Can't Change Stud Spacing In Exterior Walls.

I know I can move the studs manually, but is there a way to set a default for exterior walls when auto framing? Every time I change the spacing it only changes interior walls and leaves the exterior stud spacing at 2' on center. I'm creating a double stud wall, so I've tried playing with the "framing" and "double wall" settings in the structure tab, but I don't see any changes being made when I change those settings.

Are you changing the "Material" in the "Exterior Wall Type" or the "Framing Defaults"?  It makes a difference.

It depends on the setting in the Framing Defaults.  There's a box that can be unchecked so that you can specify the spacing independent of the Wall Material.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    IanStewart
    Newest Member
    IanStewart

• By SPSEngineering
      Hi, I am trying to continue the exterior wall up to the dormer. When I exploded the auto dormer and extended the roofline it cuts off the gutter and eave boxes. I don't know if there is a better method for this or an easy fix, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance. 

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?