Can't Change Stud Spacing In Exterior Walls.

HaywardVT

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

I know I can move the studs manually, but is there a way to set a default for exterior walls when auto framing? Every time I change the spacing it only changes interior walls and leaves the exterior stud spacing at 2' on center. I'm creating a double stud wall, so I've tried playing with the "framing" and "double wall" settings in the structure tab, but I don't see any changes being made when I change those settings.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    1badbear
    Newest Member
    1badbear

• By Meltdown00
      Is it possible to model this in CA? (Reasonably close.) How would I do it? 
    • By CastleLake
      Newbie to Home Designer Pro! I've watched a bunch of tutorials, taken the bootcamp, and searched the help system and forum... Seems like I'm missing something very simple?

How do you make a wall that has exterior on both sides? For example: an exterior accent wall (like the pony wall (?) in the pic coming off the left-side of the entry) OR specifically the walls making up the exposed Covered Entry in the pic--which would have a foundation, ceiling, roof, and most-importantly an exterior layer (stone) on both sides? Do I need to create this type of wall from scratch? Isn't this a common thing?

I've tried create a new wall type and altering a specific drawn exterior wall to no avail. Scratching my head here and feeling silly that I can't figure it out! 

• By BenPalmer
      about a year ago, with an X12 updates, thick wall connections (anything over 8" thick) became unstable...especially when 3 walls intersect.

I'm attaching an X12 plan that demonstrates several issues I'm having.  Curious if others see the same behavior.  notes within the plan describing the behaviors

I realize that layered walls will likely fix much of this but I do not like layered walls....they have a whole set of issues that I don't want to get into the pros and cons.  again, this worked fine before, but broke with an X12 update and is still broken in X13 beta.

Appreciate everyone's input.
      wallConnectionProblems.plan
    • By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By ChiefRosieRue
      I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you!