Sign in to follow this  
Paul7707

Need architect/designer/drawings quote and/or advice

I own this 1.5 story house built in the 50's and want to remodel the interior. I already have a local structural engineer on-board and all I need to do is provide him drawings on what remodeling I want to do. I think I'm close but bought Suite 2016 to help visualize in 3D.

I invite anyone to take a crack at a new layout for this house. What is important to us is..

• Nice master suite with master bath and large shower
  • Big kitchen

Due to the sloped ceilings on the second floor, I do not see a whole lot of alternatives for stair location and hence layout but ya never know what someone else might come up with.

Other than that, I would like quotes on cleaning up what i have and providing me prints to be used by the engineer. There is only so far i can go with the Suite version.

Things of note...

• The exterior walls are all double course brick with plaster on the interior side.
  • The half wall height at the eave ends of the second floor are 50".
  • The roof pitch is 6/12 throughout.
  • Half of the crawlspace was dug out to make a basement, I will be digging out the other half to make a full basement. Currently access to the basement is through the original attached garage, new steps will be needed from the living area so that the current steps can be filled in to be brought level with the rest of the floor in the garage (future kitchen).
  • The original dormer on the south side will be raised to allow standing height and possibly a door instead of a window. This will be one of the last things done.
  • The new master bath will need a dormer to make it work. A 4/12 pitch on the dormer roof would be ok if necessary.
  • The new kitchen (old garage) has vaulted ceilings.
  • All floor joists are 7.25 x 1.5" on 16" centers.
  • Rafters are 7.25 x 1.5" on 24" centers, collar ties are 93" above the floor

Forgive the .plan files... I bought this software 3 days ago and am still learning my way around.

Attached

1. 7707.plan This is what the house is now (yes the stairs are that steep).
  2. 7707B.plan This is as far as i could get with what I want. Sloped ceilings and dormers are being difficult for me.
  3. New2nd.png and new2nd2.png are from another program but shows the 2nd floor layout better.

Thanks,

Paul7707.plan7707B.planpost-8435-0-35609300-1446747569_thumb.pngpost-8435-0-69549900-1446747332_thumb.png

I would love to help.

Been Using Chief for many years ( Beta tester for X6, X7 ) to create full construction plan sets, 3D renderings and video walk-throughs, and residential construction cost estimating.

Here are a few samples ....

Thank you,

Bob Shofner

305-922-2919  --  office

rmsdesigngroup@gmail.com

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By marinus
      Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
      • 5+ years of experience in construction/design
      • Strong technical skills
      • Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
      • Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
      • Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

• By marinus
      Where on this forum would be a good place to post an ad for hiring a lead designer/drafts person? Thank you, Marinus Van de Kamp, Landmark Design-Build, Bellingham, WA
    • By JohnMFisher2020
      Looking for an individual to do a per job dimensional drawings of our jobs. This includes a layout and a 3D walk thru. Looking for professionals that can create video walkthrus and is very familiar with Home Designer Professional 2020 program..
    • By Texas_Chief_Pros
      Tutoring Services Architectural Drafting and Detailing Reinforced Concrete Drafting and Design Structural Drafting Services Architectural Presentation Drawings Floor Plan Drafting Services Landscape CAD Drawings Services CAD Conversion Services Kitchen and Bath Remodels 3D Design Services Rendering Services Tiny Home Design

• By BusinessBuilder
      MG Construction & Decks is looking to hire an architect or construction designer for exterior remodeling. We are running a contest to hire one talented individual to join our team. We want this competition to be fair. Selecting a winner is simple, we will submit everyone’s work to our Instagram account, whoever gets the most likes on their design will win $1,000 and an internship to work for us part time or full time (depending on the quality of ongoing work). The winner will be able to work remotely and/or have an opportunity to come work at our Los Angeles office.
      CONTENDERS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
      We are providing limited information for the contest itself because we want to see how creative you can be.
      Create a 3D design that fits the following backyard image and email us (Email Subject: Contest Submission – Your Name) by clicking here.
      CLOSING DATE & ANNOUNCEMENTS
      All submissions must be submitted by February 15th and the winner will be announced Febuary 15th on our Instagram account.
      MG Construction & Decks is located in Los Angeles, California and specializes in exterior remodeling, interior remodeling and Deck Building.

https://mgcdecks.com/deckbuilding/2019-exterior-outdoor-deck-design-competition/