Sign in to follow this  
nathan_glass

Transom window over window or door

Hello out there,

Does anyone know where to find an instruction video (or written instructions) for adding transom windows above windows? I suppose it would work the same for adding components together above or below. I have seen it discussed at the conference but now I've forgotten how it was done and I can't find anything specific in the training videos.

Nathan.

Check page 393 of the X7 user manual - it covers Window Levels. Briefly, just add the transom window like you would any other, size it, set it's height above the floor, and move into position over the lower window (or you can simply copy/paste-hold-position the lower window and modify the copy). Then use the Window Level option. You can mull the units in an elevation view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JennieT
    Newest Member
    JennieT

• By Aamir77
      It was all perfect since I am making corner windows by dragging both side windows to the corner. I always keep unchecking the corner post checkbox. Today I am trying multiple time but unable to fix the issue. In 2D plan, it shows that the corner window has created but in 3D camera view both the windows do not join with each other.

• By stevenyhof
      I have downloaded the three garage door catalogs from the Library, and non of them have a standard wide paneled garage door. They also do not have a wide paneled 8' high door (5 panels high)

What they have is 5 panel high flush doors - so this can be stretched - cool
      But there are no standard paneled, wide (16' and 18') 4 or 5 high garage doors.
      Does someone have access to such doors? 

The long panel door comes in both 4 panel wide and 2 panel wide - very good.
      The door with the 4 panels across come should also come with 8 panels for wider doors.

Am I missing it somewhere? It's like the most common door used from Menards and Lowes. Starter doors.
      Thank you

• By elijahkay
      Is there a currently available way to apply a separate color and line type to the swing of the Swinging Door object?
    • By kylejmarsh
      Here's the door I need to specify, an Andersen A-Series with three panels:

Here are the options that chief gives me for a hinged patio door:

Should I just write a note on the drawing that says 'my software can't make a door like that...'  I'm embarrassed to admit this to Kevin, a fellow local designer who is thinking of moving to CA or a similar program, because I always talk up how great Chief is but then there's stuff like this.

What do experienced Cheefers do? 
    • By HDbyJustin
      Hello everybody. I have recently made the jump from the Home Designer Pro series to Premier X12. I have a client that wants the windows to be labeled with letters instead of numbers. I have not seen a way to change that but am I missing something?