Transom window over window or door

nathan_glass

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

Hello out there,

Does anyone know where to find an instruction video (or written instructions) for adding transom windows above windows? I suppose it would work the same for adding components together above or below. I have seen it discussed at the conference but now I've forgotten how it was done and I can't find anything specific in the training videos.

Nathan.

• Solution

Check page 393 of the X7 user manual - it covers Window Levels. Briefly, just add the transom window like you would any other, size it, set it's height above the floor, and move into position over the lower window (or you can simply copy/paste-hold-position the lower window and modify the copy). Then use the Window Level option. You can mull the units in an elevation view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SteveBeitscher
    Newest Member
    SteveBeitscher

• By EMBARC
      I'm looking to see if there is a way to separate the material between the frame and the reveal of a window (or door).
      When painting the frame it also paints the reveal the same material, and visa versa.
      I have been a long time Chief user but never found a solution - so hoping someone has a good trick. Using X13 currently.

Thanks in advance!

• By ThomasWilder
      Hello,

I am trying to find the best way to model a Georgian window, with an angled inset into the wall's thickness, and a window along the inner edge (see the attached image). Note that this isn't a box window - there is no "bump out" - the window is set into the wall. I thought about using a wall niche, but I do not know how to create the angle. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Software version: Interiors X13

• By Trawen
      Hi,
      I was wondering if I can somehow setup spaces between door of cabinets to make a significant line between them.

As you can see on the pictures, one (with that chairs) is what Chief does and spaces just disappear in render because they're too small, second one is image created via SketchUp, but I prefer Chief for modeling. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• By Trawen
      Hi, 
      I was trying out Chief Architect X12 and wanted to do a corner window, but as you can see on the pictures, sash does not go all the way in the corner, but rather than that is cut off before it.
      Does anyone have any suggestion how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

(on the last picture there is also added a post, but that does not affect bug at all)

• By StructEng58
      Does anyone have the Andersen AEAHID6080 Entry Door for Chief?

Thank you in advance,

Chris Rood