Sign in to follow this  
gregoran

Newbie looking for a direction on wall framing

Hi,

I am wondering how to build this type of framing in CA.  I try to put in the angled wall and sometime it will clip the attaching wall and it becomes a point.   There will be paneled side lights on each side of the door which I guess I will call a door since I am not sure how to make it a window.   Some pointers or directions to an already existing explanation would be great.  My first project on CA, it is an interesting program. Coming from AutoCAD LT 2016 Mac. 

Thanks,

Greg

gregoran framing question.pdf

First you need to wrap the exterior walls. Will the brick wrap or the siding? You need to make those connections first and the interior walls should then snap where they belong.

Pointing wall - CA forum.pdf

Thanks Joey.  I did bring the exteriors walls around.  I am battling something for you can see that the returning exterior wall is not balanced to the door.  I am also including a picture of the area showing the pointing wall.  Thanks for your help.

You may need to adjust those with temp dims to bring everything to the center point you want.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By Conserva
      So I've drawn up a deck on a second floor but the framing is showing up on the floor below. I feel like I am missing some small detail but I can't figure this one out.

• By kylejmarsh
      Having an issue with wall framing height. Never had this before and have recently upgraded to X11, so wondering if it's operatior error or the program, etc. Anyway here goes:

This shows exactly what happens. The wall framing does not go up to support the plate height.

Have checked the following to no avail:
       Verified ceiling height was accurate
       Wall is marked 'baloon through ceiling above' so we're not talking about a hidden attic wall messing this up - the wall actually does go up to the rafter - just the framing does not.

Any insights?
    • By Designer100
      I cannot get the floor joists to  build.It originally a regular slab home.  but now it is pier and  beam with concrete  block around preiemerter at 8' o.c. or wha ever engineer specs out.  I cannot the the floor joist to build on first floor, cannot garage to show 4" drop with preimerter  walls and regular lab,garage left wall to close in. Rear deck will not show up in rendering either.
      FFE 61.00, top of cmu  blocks 60.00, existing grade 57.30', top of grade beam 57.33. garagefloor 52.33 8 cmu blocks abovegarage slab.perfer 12" all around outside of garage foundation. 

I would appreciate getting the first floor joists to be installed. and the other issues.
      Plan 5661LAF.GARAGE.PIER&BM.zip