Sign in to follow this  
mealexmail

Canadian wood-frame house construction

Here is comprehensive guide to canadian wood-frame house construction.

It corresponds to the national codes but doesn't replace it - you should know official requirements anyway. 

Nevertheless it is totally helpfull for me .. hope you'll find so)

Size 12Mb

Format *.pdf.

link: http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/odpub/pdf/61010.pdf

Thanks for sharing this.

I have a 1976 version of this book which i got in trade school back then. I still reference it once in a while to help me brainstorm. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By 447Debbie
      I just purchased Home Designer Pro 2016.  I'm going to be designing my retirement home so I have five years to knock this out.  I'm starting from ground zero.  I don't know the difference between 'bear on beams - lap', 'bear on beams - butt over support', 'blocking - in line', 'blocking - stagger', etc.  And this is just but ONE default screen I'd like to complete correctly.  Is there any ONE construction book that I could buy that would explain differences and that would maybe explain the advantages of one construction/framing technique over another technique?  I'm going to need a book that addresses everything, floors, ceilings, roofs, foundations, etc.   I'm sure that once I get this complete I'll still need an engineer to finalize everything, but I'd like to have the fun of knowing what is specified and then if the engineer changes something we'll be able to talk the same language.