MTL-Homes Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 (edited) I am modifying a plan in X18 that I drew in X17 Some of the framing and piers that I manually drew beneath a sun room are mostly missing. In fact all previous versions of the plan have the framing missinng when opened in X18. If I open the any of these plans in X17 the framing is still there. Unfortuantely I can't copy and paste between versions. Has anyone else had this issue. I've had CA for at least 16 years and never had a migration issue before. Just wondering if anone else has had this issue. The .Jpgs attached show the difference between the plan when opened in X17 and when opened in X18. Edited September 28 by MTL-Homes Typo Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DBCooper Posted September 29 Share Posted September 29 Is that a deck with auto built deck framing? If so, maybe X18 is having a problem with something related to the deck room that X17 didn't have a problem with. I recommend posting the x17 plan so that someone can check it out. Either that or just report it to Chief tech Support because anything that works in X17 that doesn't work in X18 is what I would consider a bug. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MTL-Homes Posted September 29 Author Share Posted September 29 That was a sunroom that I manually drew the support framing for. Yeah I think it must be a bug because I've never run into an issue like this before. It's really quite odd because X18 picks up some of the suppoert framing and not the rest. It's all in the same layer. The work around as opposed to redrawing the framing was to copy all the missing framing to from a archived .bak file in X17 to a new plan in X17. Then I opened that plan in X18. Oddly enough it found all the copied framing in the new plan. I was then able to copy it from there into the plan in X18. Like I say it was weird because all the old files including the autosaves opened with the same items missing in X18. If you're curious heres a link to the file as saved in X17. I do kind of wonder wether it's just my install of X18 that misses the framing under the sunroom or all installs. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12hGuAu_WbQMUHCE5J3b-RdG_Ed1rqg0K/view?usp=sharing Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MTL-Homes Posted September 29 Author Share Posted September 29 BTW. This is a "Not for Construction" plan. Its a remodel with a mudroom and garage added. The client wanted just enough info to solicit bids. Didn't even want to pay me to do shedules and bid specs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DBCooper Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 Yeah, I would call that a bug. You should probably report this to Chief. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now