HMK_RD Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 Hey All! Wondering if this is just me, or a silly setting somewhere that was added in that I can't find. I've lived with it for the past couple of months since X18 came out, but it is really driving me batty. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the way search or browsing results are shown in the Library Browser window? Both under the Filter Results and item Preview windows? In X17, the Filter Results were more of the black and white 2D CAD, but now in X18 they are a darker color 3D. The Preview image also now has items in different colors than the same item showed in X17. (I think this was somehow updated to tie into the items default material color in X18, whereas in X17 it was just always white.) The new 3D colors are so dark, I can't tell when looking at the Filter Results window if something like a door has 3 panels or 6, or some of the finer details in custom items I have created. First picture attached is X17. Second is the same Core catalog in X18. It is not just in Core catalogs. It does it in Vendor, my own custom, etc. All of my settings under Preferences/Library Browser are identical in both versions of the program. I have also ruled out anything in my custom templates; the LB is the same even in Chief's templates. I don't think this is tied to my color scheme, I have tried it on multiple. (Also, the new default color schemes make me cry, I really miss the old standard.) Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eric_S Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 Hello, yes this is new to X18. The plotline thumbnails (which you see in X17) have been replaced with 3D. We tried to provide useful thumbnails for different object types, sorry to hear this was a step down for you. I'll enter your feedback in our request database. Thank you! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HMK_RD Posted September 19 Author Share Posted September 19 Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. At least I know now that it is not a setting I messed up. I can see the benefit of it in some situations, but the majority of the time the things I am looking for have small details that get lost in the small 3D thumbnail. I would maybe love an option to be able to choose the 3D or the old plotline style. :-) 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eric_S Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 On 9/19/2026 at 12:26 PM, HMK_RD said: Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. At least I know now that it is not a setting I messed up. I can see the benefit of it in some situations, but the majority of the time the things I am looking for have small details that get lost in the small 3D thumbnail. I would maybe love an option to be able to choose the 3D or the old plotline style. :-) I will mark your suggestion down. Thank you! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Renerabbitt Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 On 9/19/2026 at 12:26 PM, HMK_RD said: Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. At least I know now that it is not a setting I messed up. I can see the benefit of it in some situations, but the majority of the time the things I am looking for have small details that get lost in the small 3D thumbnail. I would maybe love an option to be able to choose the 3D or the old plotline style. :-) In case you didn't know, in the preview window, hold control and mouse wheel up and down to scale the images 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now