Medeek Engineering


Medeek
 Share

Recommended Posts

First look at some complex roofs in the Roof Plan tab:

 

I will need to stress test it further to see if we can break it.  The solver algorithm is borrowed directly from the new weighted straight skeleton solver I implemented about a month ago in the Truss plugin, no point in reinventing the wheel.

 

project_su244_800.thumb.jpg.3e7df0fa24c8caa59e24aebec8b6a4b2.jpg

 

project_su245_800.thumb.jpg.2753e3af93431f6a2f2a1083ca349afb.jpg

 

project_su246_800.thumb.jpg.c40c421130b506858d45439f0f2fc428.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Complex roofs is still a work in progress, no surprise there. The interface will mirror the Truss plugin since we already know how that works. When a roof is selected the "custom" roof planes (edges) will display in red rather than blue. A selected edge will switch to a solid color and the right hand menu will display the settings for that roof plane.

 
The same settings that are available in the Truss plugin will appear for the selected "roof plane type".
 
project_su273_800.thumb.jpg.f76453354e6c8066674df689326c4c2b.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Medeek said:

My question is what do we do in the field at this sort of corner?

 

Depends...if it's 10' ceiling garage all the way to the back wall, then your higher fascia needs to run all the way around to where the ceiling drops again.  So what you're showing is incorrect.

 

If there is a room on the back side of the garage where the ceiling height drops, then what you're showing is correct.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't exposed all of the options in the House Builder that exist in the plugins, I am trying to keep this as light weight as possible, yet giving the user enough options to make this a viable design tool.

To that end, I've enabled exterior trim for all openings:

 

project_su312_800.thumb.jpg.d60e40b68b033decc02591720ce00355.jpg

 

project_su313_800.thumb.jpg.084f574c05c9366d33f860e24ef79994.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share