Layer Eyedroppper?

Atari2600

Hi all,

I am working with an imported dwg file, and most of the lines that came in are set to colors not associated with it's layer. While I appreciate the layer eyedropper for easily changing objects from one layer to another, the color of the lines I am selecting aren't changing. I am having to manually select the lines, and change their custom colors to "by layer". And since there are text and leaders all over the place, I can't grab more than a handful at a time.

Is there a more powerful eyedropper tool out there which reverts all properties to "by layer", or perhaps just an easier way to select all the lines at once? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Matt

Is there a more powerful eyedropper tool out there which reverts all properties to "by layer", or perhaps just an easier way to select all the lines at once?

In X7, you might want to try playing with the new Match Properties tool.

As for selecting, you could try switching to the "all off" layer set, turn on just the layer you want to change and then use the "select all" tool.  Assuming your text and leader lines are not on the same layer, this will get you what you want.  If all of your imported data is on the same layer, you may want to map them to different layers when you import them.  The Import Drawing Assistant will allow you to map each layer to what ever Chief layer you want if you use the Advanced Layer Mapping panel.