Cabinet Schedule Questions

MarkMc

I'm back at trying to get a cabinet schedule that is "live" and includes (most) of what I need for an order. Fiddled with this for for about 5 hours yesterday and made some progress but I have a couple of questions just to make sure I understand what I can and can't do before I start asking for things....and maybe someone has a trick for some? Thought that one thread was best.

I'm trying to avoid messing with the comment column much since it gets really tedious and slow.  But if no other choice maybe..

1-I can have a schedule for a separate room (bless room dividers)- is there a way to get a second prefix for some cabinets in the same room?

For instance I have an island done in Cherry and perimeter cabinets in paint. Those have to be on separate orders. I'd like to change the prefix since I doubt I could have separate schedules.

2-In that vein- assuming the only options are labels or comments, is there a way to add a blank row- a spacer?

3-Include molding, corbels, legs etc. that are ordered with the cabinets?

If I block a group of corbels AND then "treat as one" I can get them into the schedule. Same goes for molding. The blocks get a bit awkward while working, no quantities, and the molding gives me little detail other than just editing labels. Better than nothing but is there another way?

4-Same goes for panels and shelves, any other way? I've taken to making some of those things from cabinets which sort of works most often.

5- A way to include items that don't show in the model but need to be on an order?.

i.e.-Touch up kit, extra finish, extra solid stock, scribe molding.

I can't get the block trick to work- I tried text with a line, text with a psolid.

I can change the label on a cabinet and muck around with it, but since I want to include the dimension columns those get filled too.(...phone call from the installer "TUKIT 1/16" , 1/16" 1/16"-whatthe... :)

Is there something other than a cabinet, that I can change the label of that I can get into the cabinet schedule. OR is there a way to suppress the dimensions of a "cabinet" from appearing in the schedule?

6.- "type" is not an option for the cabinet schedule correct? would that help anything at all?

7-Is there an easier way to re-order items. Right click and move up schedule moves the item one space, dragging around the schedule gets a little confusing and very time consuming. (I have a couple now with 45-60 cabinets in kitchen alone) After revisions, editing etc the schedule numbers are all over the place. A good chunk of those 5 hrs yesterday were just moving items to get numbers correct. I've been doing this on PDF's in Bluebeam which takes 15 minutes  but live would be much better.

Is there perhaps way to completely re-order the cabinets in a room clockwise or such? not ideal but that at least would be a better place to start.

Any help appreciated.