Ideal/ultimate Screen For Work?

limitless8

Guys I need your collective help, thoughts, advice.

My system is almost finished.

I7 5930k overlcocked to 4.2

Asus rampage v extreme

32gb ripjaws 4 2400mhz

asus strix GeForce 980 gtx

samsung ssd Evo pro 2x 25kg

Ed caviar 1 tv

1200w thermaltake am ur

Thermaltake gt 10 snow edition

What monitor to add? For example one offer I have is the samsung 4k monitor u 25 90

BenQ bl3200pt

I know one is 4k the other is 2560.

My issue is on one hand 4k would be fun but sadly it does not turn 90 degrees. And heard it is good but isn't.

What do you think guys 4k budget or 2560 qhd monitor?

I would be forever grateful for some advice if anybody owns these or other monitors that they use? I decided that dual monitor might not be for me.

Yet I'm open to advicseeing as one offer I had was dual dell's at 100 with the thinnest bezel.

Let me know what you all think.

Do you work on documents/models with a long physical page/symbol ratio in software such as InDesign, SolidWorks, or ?  If not, then I doubt you will ever see a need to rotate the monitor.  The only time I ever rotate screens is for producing outdoor banners using InDesign and Android emulators for certain phone work (Not CA).

Spend your money on a 5960 (8 core) CPU instead of a 4K monitor.  Try...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3KNOF4/ref=psdc_1292115011_t3_B00ND1KVM0

If you're after a large(er) monitor setup with good color accuracy (something important to me; maybe not for you) and about $1300 less than 32" Samsung 4K.

jon

Hey Jon thanks for the reply. Well the 4k samsung I was offered cosys just under 500$ 28 inch. I just love techy stuff so 4k had its how should we say temptations. Except CA the other purposes are as everybody else's movies surfing lil gaming and we'll some android coding (developing an android app).

I guess at the end of the day 4k won't really give me more in terms of CA. Might even prolong rendering. While at 2560x1440 it'll be good enough. color accuracy is definitely important. That's why I was recommended the BenQ 3200 because supposedly it was designed for prolonged cad work etc.

The samsung you linked I saw online and considered it too. might even go for it if nothing else comes up.

As for 5960x vs overlcocked 5930. I know it had 2 extra cored though not sure if I need that difference?

If you ray trace, then the 2 extra CPU cores will give a noticeable difference in speed.

As for monitors, it really gets into personal preference once the specs fall within what you expect.  I prefer a max 27" WQHD in dual monitor, and a max 32" in single.  You may have different preferences, as others on this forum do.

jon

The 2 extra cores I know will make a diff, atm I have a quad core alienware and it has been doing it's job farely well, with 6 cores I can imagine it'll do what I need without having 8 cores.

As for the monitor, for me it's not as much about the size, I won't go under 27 if single, but preferably 32.  I'm looking more for advice when it comes to color accuracy, response time, etc. Maybe I'm mistaken and maybe response time is only important when it comes to gaming.  I just want very good colors to come out, and while the samung 4k monitor delivers over a billionr colors and seems to receive good reviews, I'm wondering do I need the 4k, or will WQHD do the trick, and if so which monitors do users recommend.

I would not run a small <37" 4k monitor.

I have a 27" Dell 2560x1440 and even with text scaling...etc, it can be tough to use at times.   (and I have 20/15 vision).

So a 4k under 37" is about the same pixels per inch and that is how I arrived at that number.    I had thought of upgrading to one, but really there is not much point in it.

For just over 600 you can get the dell I am using.   It is a VERY nice monitor with a great adjustable stand with swivel if you want it.   It is a Dell U2713hm.    I think it is a great monitor and I have 2-24" 1080p's on either side and the dell is so much easier on the eyes.   Whites look nice and white without the need to be overly bright.   Lines are super crisp and defined.   Really I dont think it could get much nicer.....

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up going with the LG 34um95 and all I can is, it's just a pleasure....amazing real estate, crisp clear images...it truly does wonders.  If anybody is thinking of updating their screen, I would say it's worth the money.