Reset repeating texture in each room

davyjones

I noticed when using the 'drywall taped' texture that it does not reset per room. For example in my picture the bisecting wall means nothing to the rear wall's texture. Is there a way to get the texture to start over on each room? I know you can set it to 'stretch to fit' but that does not keep the accuracy I am looking for.

drywall_taped.jpg

6 hours ago, DBCooper said:

I don't think just breaking the wall will do it.

After trying it out, you are correct. Which makes sense because it could be chaos for things like exterior masonry and siding if the patterns reset at every break. 

It would be cool if wall material regions gave an option for global texture/pattern following or an offset distance but that doesn't sound very feasible.

7 hours ago, DBCooper said:

I don't think just breaking the wall will do it.  I think you would have to create different materials with different texture offsets for each room.  

I tried actually creating a new texture as well and had no luck (the greener wall in this example).
Setting the offset though will work, but having a 'texture reset' on a per wall / per room basis seems like something that should be an option.

drywall_example_2.jpg