Newbie Needs Coach, Tutor To Get Past Some Basic Issues

Kennebec-Kid

Designing a two story garage workshop with stepped, stem wall foundation, walls of varying heights and gable roof with two different slopes.  Doesn't seem like this should be very difficult but I cant locate / figure out how to get it done.  I can draw it manually no problem, and can work in other "non-architectural" softare.....but want to learn to use CA and this seemed like a good place to start.  Need footer at 4 feet below grade. stem wall 1 foot above grade in front, 6 foot above in back, and stepped foundation on sides.  Walls are taller in back to accomodate 10 pitch in front 6 pitch in back...

Would like to find someone to get me going and then to use for help as I move forward.  I assume your time is valuable so willing to pay well for good services.

Thanks

Hi,

You can customize your foundation of your garage by selecting the wall and changing the preferences of the wall.  You can also change preferences when you build the foundation for the room.  Once you make the stem wall you can make an elevation and break the wall at each place you need it and stretch the wall up.

.....Would like to find someone to get me going and then to use for help as I move forward.  I assume your time is valuable so willing to pay well for good services.

Thanks

I think Chief Architect offers on line training.  You might want to give them a call.