Gable/Roof Line tool not covering an alcove

mpaska

Edit: I've confirmed this is a bug in X16, it's working fine in X15. I've created Support Ticket 133553.

I'm still learning. Following both https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x16-reference-manual.pdf (Page 861) and from 3:00 of this video: Using the Gable-Roof Line Tool - Video | Chief Architect I can't get the alcove tool to work in X16.

Using a default new/template, with zero changes, and drawing exterior walls roughly the same as the video above. I can't get it to cover the alcove. What am I doing wrong? Attached video of my attempt to close the alcove.

Screenshot.png

Gable Roof Line Tool.plan

Edited by mpaska
Added video & added ticket number

Just an FYI, I don't think many people would actually use a gable line in that corner situation.  I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw your post so I guess even old dogs can still learn new tricks.  Personally, I would either draw invisible walls or railings, especially if I was going to have a slab floor or I wanted some posts to support the roof.  You could also manually edit the roof in just a couple of steps to get that. 

Good for you on figuring out that it was a bug and reporting it though.

3 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Just an FYI, I don't think many people would actually use a gable line in that corner situation.  I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw your post so I guess even old dogs can still learn new tricks.  Personally, I would either draw invisible walls or railings, especially if I was going to have a slab floor or I wanted some posts to support the roof.  You could also manually edit the roof in just a couple of steps to get that. 

Good for you on figuring out that it was a bug and reporting it though.

Thanks for advise and what would happen in the real world. I am a student, so just working through the training materials and noticed the behavior not working as per the videos. But yeap, Chief confirmed the issue and should hopefully have it sorted for those that do use the feature.