Seeking Advice: Speeding Up Chief Architect Videos for Mac/Safari Users

DefinedDesign

As a Mac user, I’m wondering if there’s a way to adjust the playback speed of videos on the Chief Architect website. I often spend a lot of time searching for the same videos on YouTube to take advantage of the arrow keys for easier navigation, and I typically speed up the video to match my preferred listening pace. Additionally, I prefer to stick with Safari due to concerns about security, so Chrome and other browsers aren’t an option for me. What solutions do you Mac/Safari users recommend?

Hi Lisa,

If you don't mind me asking? 

32 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

I often spend a lot of time searching for the same videos on YouTube to take advantage of the arrow keys for easier navigation, and I typically speed up the video to match my preferred listening pace.

Not sure what you are trying to do. I spend way too much time on YouTube's blackhole, so what or how are you doing to speed this up? And how do arrow keys make things easier?

image.png

5 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

Hi Lisa,

If you don't mind me asking? 

Not sure what you are trying to do. I spend way too much time on YouTube's blackhole, so what or how are you doing to speed this up? And how do arrow keys make things easier?

image.png

Hey John on a Mac the arrow keys will move the video forward and back in 5 second increments. If you click the wheel cog on the YouTube video you can adjust the playback speed.  I did find the ability to adjust the playback speed on the CA website videos - instead of a wheel cog they have two arrows - just can't back up or go forward using the arrow keys in five second increments. 

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 6.36.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 6.43.36 PM.png