Way to generate 1ft contour lines from elevation points?

cbucks

I have a bunch of elevation points from a GNSS RTK receiver in an app called SW Maps. I can export out in various formats KML, GPX, CSV, I believe even auto cad. Is there a way I can generate 1ft contour lines in Chief? If not any other software you would recommend to do this and then try to import and overlay into Chief? 

On 9/19/2024 at 4:11 PM, JiAngelo said:

We import/export Autocad files.  Tell chief which layers are elevation data and it creates the contours in perspective view.

Thanks do they always send to you in a certain scale? I have a dxf but not sure the scale tried using meters but it was super small changed to miles and can see things but still scale is not correct not sure what the scale is of the dxf

One's we create in field we specify feet during export. One's we receive from 3rd parties are most often in feet, but sometimes in inches. It happens often enough that I verify those at first import.

You will need a known distance between two real world points.  This could be a road width, sidewalk length, property line boundary, etc...