Custom Stair Handrail

RobWhite

What is the best method to custom draw a single 50 Ø SS handrail to the outside of an enclosed stairwell? I need the handrail to extend 300mm level with a 180º curved return end beyond the bottom step (AS1428.1 accessible compliance). I have a landing and 2 runs of steps. Ideally, I'd add some wall mounting brackets.

Is there a good training video?

My preference is to draw this manually and import it into my stairwell. I find utilizing the stair menu too limited when trying to produce flowing curved transition rail from landing to steps and finishing returns. (Happy to be proved wrong and learn the stair menu if the capacity is there.)

I get a good result converting polyline on the molding in a section view, but this limits me to elevation view only. ie this method does not allow me to return across the landing and up the 2nd run of steps.

Still using X15 but have X16 if the new upgrade provides a better outcome.

1 hour ago, RobWhite said:

What is the best method to custom draw a single 50 Ø SS handrail to the outside of an enclosed stairwell? I need the handrail to extend 300mm level with a 180º curved return end beyond the bottom step (AS1428.1 accessible compliance). I have a landing and 2 runs of steps. Ideally, I'd add some wall mounting brackets.

Is there a good training video?

My preference is to draw this manually and import it into my stairwell. I find utilizing the stair menu too limited when trying to produce flowing curved transition rail from landing to steps and finishing returns. (Happy to be proved wrong and learn the stair menu if the capacity is there.)

I get a good result converting polyline on the molding in a section view, but this limits me to elevation view only. ie this method does not allow me to return across the landing and up the 2nd run of steps.

Still using X15 but have X16 if the new upgrade provides a better outcome.

use X16 and follow this video