Auto Story Pole Text Position

portrait

Is there a way to control the position of the marker, text, and numeric value of the levels on sections and elevations in Chief Architect? I understand that Chief Architect doesn't allow the use of custom markers, but is there a way to specify the levels similarly to the image below without resorting to a time-consuming manual workaround?

Auto Story Pole.jpg

There are some limited options; for example you can control the text position 3 ways relative to the marker (towards, centered ,away) and you can set a minimum length for the marker in order to increase the marker offset. 

You can also customize some of the text for located elevations within the Story pole defaults. Some manually located elevations can't be customized ahead of time.

We can't choose dashed leader lines and solid dimension lines though.

I have used a similar graphic setup similar to your reference image and I found that the quickest way to implement this was to use a CAD block. This gives full graphic control and customization, but requires some manual work to adjust the dashed reference lines to match the building's elevations. But, it also allows you to use a single CAD block for every elevation / section view.

• Upvote 1