triangle windows

winterdd

Guys, I am having a hard time shaping windows. I know how to "match roof shape" but it still does not make them triangular like shown below in red. I want to delete the middle window and have two perfectly symmetrical triangle windows. I think that would look better for this home.

image.thumb.png.aabe789a537ae52792ffda51dc74f2bf.png

24 minutes ago, javatom said:

Make the window taller then redo the "match roof".

Already tried that as well as manipulating the height of the window size. Nothing works......

2 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

If you have the Marvin window catalog downloaded in Chief there are triangle windows in there if you search for P3-1 & P3-2. You should be able to adjust the width & height to match your pitch, or the match roof function might work too. @winterdd

I got it to work by manually gripping the window and sizing accordingly and then match roof. The circled area has been an issue for years.

image.thumb.png.208eac5b2690194010dfa3747fcb9817.png

Good deal. For future reference I'm pretty sure it is possible to make triangle windows using the shape tab in the window dbx and adjusting the individual corner heights & offsets too.

I think the overlapping casing might fix itself if you mull the windows together.

• Upvote 1