Kitchen Cabinet issue

doitright

This is my first kitchen design and in placing the dishwasher and wall ovens in the correct position the face of appliances is at the back wall so to make it look good in 3d I have to place them outside of cabinets. Attached image shows what i am referring to. Thought on how to correct this?

Screenshot 2024-06-27 20.22.59.png

If those are from the core libraries, you can put the appliances into the cabinet instead of as free standing symbols.  If you place them as free standing symbols, you will need to change the symbol origin to get the 2d and 3d to match.

Either you are doing something wrong or there is something wrong in your plan.  When you put the dishwasher in the base cabinet, the label should change from "b24" to something like "dishwasher".  I can see both labels in your picture above which I think means your dishwasher is free standing and not actually in the cabinet. 

Did you get a message saying something about "the symbol you are trying to place is supposed to go into a cabinet"?  When you get this message, it means that you are placing it as a free standing symbol which is why the 2d and 3d don't match.

If you can't get it to work, you might want to post the plan.

• 2 weeks later...

If you place an appliance as a freestanding item, which I prefer to do, you can adjust the Origin Offset on the 3D panel to move it when this happens. The Y Position is usually at 24", which is why it appears in front of where you want the item to sit. If you set it to 0" it will be in the right spot.